Dr. Blustein is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5555 Odana Road
Madison, WI 53719Phone(608) 257-1866
- Is this information wrong?
- Currently board certified in ophthalmology and addiction medicine and a certified food scientist.
My clinical practice in addiction medicine is in Madison, WI.
As of 2020, I am licensed to practice in both Wisconsin and Illinois.
I am a member of the Medical Society in Wisconsin (WMS) and serve as an editor for the Wisconsin Medical Journal (WMJ).
Education & Training
- University of Wisconsin Medical SchoolFellowship, Geriatric Medicine, 1994 - 1996
- University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown CampusResidency, Ophthalmology, 1984 - 1988
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoClass of 1984
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- WI State Medical License 1988 - 2021
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine American Board of Addiction Medicine, 2010
- Ophthalmology Am Board of Ophthalmology, 1991
Publications & Presentations
- 9 citationsPrimary-open glaucoma and myopia: a narrative review.Nilsa Loyo-Berrios, Joseph N Blustein> ;WMJ : official publication of the State Medical Society of Wisconsin. 2007 Apr 1
- 1 citationsDiffuse lamellar keratitis, endotoxin, and ophthalmic sponges.Joseph N. Blustein, Victoria M. Hitchins, Eileen K. Woo> ;Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. 2004 Oct 1
- 27 citationsShould Patients with Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures be Allowed to DriveSelim R. Benbadis, Joseph N. Blustein, Linda Sunstad> ;Epilepsia. 2000 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- The A, not B, C, D, and E of CBTAugust 2019
- American Academy of Addiction PsychiatryMember
- Institute of Food TechnologistsMember
- American Telemedicine AssociationMember
- Wisconsin Medical SocietyMember
- Illinois Medical SocietyMember
- Dane County Medical SocietyMember
- Recovery Coalition of Dane CountyMember
- National Acupuncture Detoxification AssociationMember
- UnityPoint Health MeriterMadison, Wisconsin
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: