Are you Dr. Dervay?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 51 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office301 University Blvd
Galveston, TX 77555
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Dervay, MD is a board certified emergency medicine physician in Galveston, Texas. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Texas, District of Columbia, and New York. He is affiliated with University of Texas Medical Branch.
Education & Training
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals (NASA) Aerospace MedicineResidency, Preventive Medicine, 2001 - 2002
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital CenterResidency, Emergency Medicine, 1988 - 1991
- National Capital ConsortiumInternship, Transitional Year, 1984 - 1985
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityClass of 1984
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 1985 - Present
- TX State Medical License 1994 - 2025
- DC State Medical License 1988 - 1994
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine
- American Board of Preventive Medicine Aerospace Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACEP) American College of Emergency Physicians
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsHypobaric Decompression Sickness Treatment Model.Johnny Conkin, Andrew F. J. Abercromby, Joseph P. Dervay, Alan H. Feiveson, Michael L. Gernhardt, Jason Norcross, Robert Ploutz-Snyder, J. H. Wessel> ;Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance. 2015 Jun 1
- 71 citationsOptic disc edema in an astronaut after repeat long-duration space flight.Thomas H. Mader, C. Robert Gibson, Anastas F. Pass, Andrew G. Lee, Hanspeter E. Killer, Hans Christian Hansen, Joseph P. Dervay, Michael R. Barratt, William J. Tarver,...> ;Journal of Neuro-ophthalmology. 2013 Sep 1
- 5 citationsProtective mechanisms in hypobaric decompressionPhilip P. Foster, Neal W. Pollock, Johnny Conkin, Joseph P. Dervay, Nicolas Caillot, Raj S. Chhikara, Richard D. Vann, Bruce D Butler, Michael L. Gernhardt> ;Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine. 2013 Mar 1
- Join now to see all
- University of Texas Medical BranchGalveston, Texas