Dr. Liu is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1520 San Pablo St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Liu is an orthopedic surgeon in Los Angeles, CA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Keck Hospital of USC and Loma Linda University Medical Center. He received his medical degree from University of California (San Francisco) School of Medicine and has been in practice 8 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and shoulder surgery and is experienced in osteotomy, rotator cuff repair, and shoulder arthroplasty.
Education & Training
- Rush University Medical CenterFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2017 - 2018
- Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell Medical CenterResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012 - 2017
- University of California San Francisco School of MedicineClass of 2012
- Stanford UniversityBS, Chemical Engineering, 2004 - 2008
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2018 - 2024
- IL State Medical License 2017 - 2020
- IN State Medical License 2017 - 2019
- NY State Medical License 2013 - 2018
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- The Top 50 Most Cited Articles on the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament (MPFL): A Bibliometric Analysis.Varag Abed, Alyssa Goodwin, Alex DuVall, Jonathan Rexroth, Joseph N Liu, Austin V Stone> ;Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2023 Jun 1
- Spin in the Abstracts of Meta-analyses and Systematic Reviews: Quadriceps Tendon Graft for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction.Matthew T Gulbrandsen, Taha M Taka, Joshua G Peterson, Jun Ho Chung, Hasan M Syed, Nirav H Amin, Austin V Stone, John W Xerogeanes, Joseph N Liu> ;The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2023 May 15
- Harms Reporting in Randomized Controlled Trials Underpinning the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Clinical Practice Guidelines for Distal Radius Fractures.Ashley A Thompson, Avinash Iyer, Cory K Mayfield, Frank A Petrigliano, Luke T Nicholson, Joseph N Liu> ;The Journal of Hand Surgery. 2023 Apr 24
- Join now to see all
- AOFAS Research Grant AwardAmerican Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society2023–2024
- Candidate Research GrantAmerican Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons2020–2021
- Keck Hospital of USCLos Angeles, California
- LAC+USC Medical CenterLos Angeles, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: