Are you Dr. Portereiko?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 42 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office326 Washington Street
Norwich, CT 06360Phone(860) 889-8331
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Portereiko, DO is a general surgeon in Norwich, Connecticut. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Connecticut and New York. He is affiliated with The William W. Backus Hospital, Hartford Hospital, and The Hospital of Central Connecticut.
Education & Training
- One Brooklyn Health SystemResidency, Surgery, 1995 - 2002
- NYIT College Of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State License 2008 - 2022
- CT State License 2002 - 2022
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Surgical Critical Care
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsFunctional Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome Induced by an Optional IVC Filter.Adam Shen, Dina Tabello, Nishant Merchant, Joseph V. Portereiko, Alfred Croteau, Jonathan D. Gates> ;Case Reports in Surgery. 2019 Aug 14
- 5 citationsComplex Extrication and Crush InjuryKevin Burns, David C. Cone, Joseph V. Portereiko> ;Prehospital Emergency Care. 2010 Mar 3
- 3 citationsAcute upper airway obstruction by an over-inflated Combitube esophageal obturator balloon.Joseph V. Portereiko, Michelle M. Perez, Horacio Hojman, Heidi L. Frankel, Reuven Rabinovici> ;Journal of Trauma-injury Infection and Critical Care. 2006 Feb 1
- Join now to see all