Dr. Bishop is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2835 Fred Taylor Dr
Columbus, OH 43202Phone+1 614-293-2663Fax+1 614-293-2910
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Julie Bishop is an orthopedic surgeon in Columbus, OH and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute. She received her medical degree from Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University and has been in practice 20 years. She specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and shoulder surgery and is experienced in sports medicine, rotator cuff injuries, shoulder surgery, shoulder and elbow surgery, and shoulder replacement.
Education & Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiFellowship, Shoulder & Elbow Orthopaedic Surgery, 2002 - 2003
- George Washington UniversityResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1998 - 2002
- George Washington UniversityInternship, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1997 - 1998
- Weill Cornell MedicineClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 2003 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2002 - 2004
- DC State Medical License 2001 - 2002
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- MOON Shoulder Instability-Cohort of Patients Undergoing Operative Treatment. Start of enrollment: 2012 Aug 01
Publications & Presentations
- Obesity and sex influence fatty infiltration of the rotator cuff: the Rotator Cuff Outcomes Workgroup (ROW) and Multicenter Orthopaedic Outcomes Network (MOON) cohorts.Ayush Giri, Thomas H Freeman, Peter Kim, John E Kuhn, Gustavo A Garriga, Michael Khazzam, Laurence D Higgins, Elizabeth Matzkin, Keith M Baumgarten, Julie Y Bishop, Ro...> ;Journal of shoulder and elbow surgery. 2022 Apr 1
- Editorial Commentary: Lower Return to Play After Failed Prior Instability Surgery: Should the Open Latarjet Be the Gold Standard for Anterior Shoulder Instability?Matthew A. Dorweiler, Julie Y. Bishop> ;Arthroscopy. 2021 Aug 1
- 1 citationsSuperior Capsular Reconstruction: A Salvage Option for Massive Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears with Pseudoparalysis or Subscapularis Insufficiency.Marisa N. Ulrich, Travis L. Frantz, Joshua Everhart, Jonathan D. Barlow, Grant L. Jones, Julie Y. Bishop, Gregory L. Cvetanovich> ;Arthroscopy. 2021 May 27
- Join now to see all
- Wexner Medical Center Uses Holograms for More-Precise Shoulder Replacement SurgeriesApril 23rd, 2021
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical CenterColumbus, Ohio
- James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research InstituteColumbus, Ohio
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: