Dr. Huang-Lionnet is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office15 East Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830Phone+1 203-900-3996Fax+1 203-900-3998
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Julie H. Huang-Lionnet is a Harvard and Hopkins-trained Board-Certified Anesthesiologist and Interventional Pain Management Specialist with certifications in Regenerative, Cosmetic, and Venous Medicine.
Dr. Huang-Lionnet completed her Anesthesiology Residency at Johns Hopkins Hospital within their clinical research track. During her time at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Huang-Lionnet served as a medical officer at the FDA in drug, device, and biologics regulatory review, with the aim to understand how to bring healthcare advances to the patient's bedside. She completed her Pain Management Fellowship at Harvard Medical School - Brigham and Women's Hospital while also serving as Chair of the Fellows and Residents Section Committee (RSC) for the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA).
Committed to patient care, Dr. Huang-Lionnet's clinical interests encompass a wide range of pain conditions. Some of her specialties include spine-related pain, musculoskeletal disorders, degenerative joint diseases, neuropathic pain, regenerative medicine, chronic migraines or headaches, and post-surgical pain. She believes in providing comprehensive care for her patients with a multidisciplinary approach. Integral to her practice is the pursuit of cutting edge pain treatments, including minimally-invasive fluoroscopic and ultrasound-guided interventions, spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulation, regenerative medicine, and intrathecal therapies.
Prior to her current practice, Dr. Huang-Lionnet led development of both the Regenerative Medicine and Cancer Pain Management Programs at the Sackler Pain Management Center at Greenwich Hospital— Yale New Haven Health into a multi-disciplinary, comprehensive pain center. Dr. Huang-Lionnet has served as Director-at-Large for the NANS Board of Directors (first female pain physician to serve). She has continued her societal leadership involvement on both national and international levels.
Education & Training
- Brigham and Women's HospitalFellowship, Pain Medicine, 2013 - 2014
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Anesthesiology, 2009 - 2013
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLAClass of 2009
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2014 - 2025
- MA State Medical License 2012 - 2025
- CT State Medical License 2015 - 2024
- CA State Medical License 2014 - 2024
- American Board of Anesthesiology Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Reviewer Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (Journal), 2022
- Associate Faculty American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, 2019
- Greenwich Hospital Service Excellence Award Greenwich Hospital, 2018
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 49 citationsTargeting human Mas-related G protein-coupled receptor X1 to inhibit persistent pain.Zhe Li, Pang-Yen Tseng, Vinod Tiwari, Qian Xu, Shao Qiu He, Yan Wang, Qin Zheng, Liang Han, Zhiping Wu, Anna L. Blobaum, Yiyuan Cui, Vineeta Tiwari, Shuohao Sun, Yingy...> ;Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2017 Mar 7
- 8 citationsRadiofrequency Ablation in Coccydynia: A Case Series and Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Review.Yian Chen, Julie H Y Huang-Lionnet, Steven P. Cohen> ;Pain Medicine. 2016 Dec 29
- 53 citationsEpidural steroid injections, conservative treatment, or combination treatment for cervical radicular pain: a multicenter, randomized, comparative-effectiveness study.Steven P. Cohen, Salim M. Hayek, Yevgeny Semenov, Paul F. Pasquina, Ronald L. White, Elias Veizi, Julie H. Y. Huang, Connie Kurihara, Zirong Zhao, Kevin B. Guthmiller,...> ;Anesthesiology. 2014 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- Huang-Lionnet Assumes Leadership Role in NANSMay 13th, 2017
- Pain-Management Initiative for Cancer at Greenwich HospitalMay 9th, 2016
- Dr. Julie Huang Appointed to Leadership Role in North American Neuromodulation SocietyJanuary 16th, 2015
- Join now to see all
- Self- Contained Video LaryngoscopeTATRC/US Army Medical Research and Material Command2010–Present
- Women in Neuromodulation, Chair 2017-2018, Chair-Elect 2016-2017, Vice Chair 2014-2016, North American Neuromodulation Society (NANS) 2014 - Present
- Associate Faculty, Prior RSC Chair 2013-2014 and Chair-Elect 2012-2013, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine - Resident and Fellows Committee 2012 - Present
- Editor, Prior Director-At-Large, Board of Directors, North American Neuromodulation Society (NANS) 2017 - 2020
- Prior Chair, ASRA Resident & Fellows Section Committee
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain MedicineAssociate Faculty
- North American Neuromodulation SocietyEditor, Prior Board of Directors Directors-at-Large, Prior Chair of Women in Neuromodulation
- Chinese (Mandarin), French
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: