Are you Dr. Yu?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 22 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office6041 Cadillac Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90034Phone(323) 857-2000
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Kalvin Yu, MD is an infectious disease specialist in Los Angeles, California. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in California and New York. He is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center.
Education & Training
- UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine/UCLA Medical CenterFellowship, Infectious Disease, 1999 - 2001
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 1999
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLAClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2014 - Present
- CA State Medical License 1998 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Infectious Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Optical Imaging For Assessment of Foot Perfusion Start of enrollment: 2017 Apr 14
Publications & Presentations
- 48 citationsAntibiotic Stewardship in Small Hospitals: Barriers and Potential Solutions.Edward Stenehjem, David Y. Hyun, Edward Septimus, Kalvin C. Yu, Marc Meyer, Deepa Raj, Arjun Srinivasan> ;Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2017 Aug 15
- 30 citationsA Comprehensive Assessment Across the Healthcare Continuum: Risk of Hospital-Associated Clostridium difficile Infection Due to Outpatient and Inpatient Antibiotic Expo...Sara Y. Tartof, Gunter Rieg, Rong Wei, Hung Fu Tseng, Steven J. Jacobsen, Kalvin C. Yu> ;Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2015 Sep 21
- 13 citationsIncidence of Polymerase Chain Reaction–Diagnosed Clostridium difficile in a Large High-Risk Cohort, 2011-2012Sara Y. Tartof, Kalvin C. Yu, Rong Wei, Hung Fu Tseng, Steven J. Jacobsen, Gunter Rieg> ;Mayo Clinic proceedings. 2014 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical CenterLos Angeles, California