Dr. Harvey-Wilkes is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office585 Lebanon St
Melrose, MA 02176Phone(781) 979-6400Fax(781) 979-6410
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Karen Harvey-Wilkes is a neonatologist in Boston, MA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Tufts Medical Center, MelroseWakefield Healthcare, Lawrence General Hospital, and Lowell General Hospital. She received her medical degree from University of Massachusetts Medical School and has been in practice 34 years. She is experienced in neonatal abstinence syndrome and neonatal / perinatal nutrition.
Education & Training
- St Margarets Hospital For WomenFellowship, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 1986 - 1989
- Tufts Medical CenterResidency, Pediatrics, 1983 - 1986
- UMass Chan Medical SchoolClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 1984 - 2023
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsSex-Dependent Gene Expression in Infants with Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome.Elizabeth Yen, Tomoko Kaneko-Tarui, Robin Ruthazer, Karen Harvey-Wilkes, Mona Hassaneen, Jill L. Maron> ;The Journal of Pediatrics. 2019 Nov 1
- 5 citationsPharmacologic treatment of infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome in community hospitals compared to academic medical centers.Hayley Friedman, Gregory Parkinson, Hocine Tighiouart, Catherine Parkinson, David J. Tybor, Norma Terrin, Barry M. Lester, Karen Harvey-Wilkes, Jonathan M. Davis> ;Journal of Perinatology. 2018 Sep 20
- 48 citationsComparison of Safety and Efficacy of Methadone vs Morphine for Treatment of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: A Randomized Clinical Trial.Jonathan M. Davis, Jeffrey S. Shenberger, Norma Terrin, Janis L. Breeze, Mark L. Hudak, Elisha M. Wachman, Peter J. Marro, Erica L. Oliveira, Karen Harvey-Wilkes, Adam...> ;JAMA Pediatrics. 2018 Aug 1
- Join now to see all
- MelroseWakefield Doctors Named Among Area’s BestJanuary 8th, 2019
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: