Dr. Uyhazi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3400 Civic Center Blvd
Scheie Eye Institute, Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
Philadelphia, PA 19104Phone(215) 662-8676Fax(215) 243-4696
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Katherine Uyhazi is an ophthalmologist in Philadelphia, PA who specializes in inherited retinal diseases. She received her medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine and has a PhD in cell biology. Her research laboratory is developing new gene therapy and stem cell-based therapies for blinding diseases.
- Laboratory research, Gene therapy, Visual field testing, Retinal degeneration, Electroretinography, Stem Cell Research, Ocular Genetics, Retinitis pigmentosa, Leber congenital amaurosis, genetic testing
Education & Training
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemFellowship, Surgical Retina and Vitreous, 2017 - 2019
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemResidency, Ophthalmology, 2014 - 2017
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 2013 - 2014
- Yale School of MedicineClass of 2013, MD, PhD
- The College of New JerseyBS, Biology, Summa cum laude, 2001 - 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 2013 - 2022
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsA CRISPR view of the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.Katherine E. Uyhazi, Jean Bennett> ;Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2021 Jan 4
- 27 citationsGLP-1 Receptor Agonist NLY01 Reduces Retinal Inflammation and Neuron Death Secondary to Ocular HypertensionJacob Sterling, Modupe O Adetunji, Samyuktha Guttha, Albert Bargoud, Katherine E. Uyhazi, Ahmara G. Ross, Joshua L. Dunaief, Qi N. Cui> ;Cell Reports. 2020 Nov 3
- 4 citationsTreatment Potential for LCA5-Associated Leber Congenital Amaurosis.Katherine E. Uyhazi, Puya Aravand, Brent A. Bell, Zhangyong Wei, Lanfranco Leo, Leona W. Serrano, Denise J. Pearson, Ivan Shpylchak, Jennifer Pham, Vidyullatha Vasired...> ;Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. 2020 May 11
- Join now to see all
- RDH12 Mutations Cause a Severe Retinal Degeneration with Relatively Spared Rod FunctionTomas S Aleman, Katherine E Uyhazi, Albert M Maguire, Michael J Ammar, Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science
- Characterizing the “POAGome”: A Bioinformatics-Driven Approach to Primary Open-Angle GlaucomaIan D Danford, Levi N Kanu, Katherine E Uyhazi, Lana D Verkuil, Daniel J Choi, ScienceDirect
- NOACs May Carry Lower Risk of Intraocular Hemorrhage Than WarfarinJanuary 2nd, 2018
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: