Dr. Harter is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3800 Reservoir Rd Nw
Washington, DC 20007Phone(202) 444-3320
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a Board-Certified Radiation Oncologist with a specialization in tumors of the Head & Neck,
and Base-of-Skull. Following post-residency training in Head & Neck cancers, I have more than
35 years of clinical experience in this field. My training and expertise includes the application/administration of Rapid-Arc IMRT-VMAT, robotic Cyberknife Stereotactic Radiosurgery,
and Proton Beam therapy, as well as implant brachytherapy radiation and use of electron beam treatment. I hold the position of Professor (Full-Time) at the Georgetown University School of Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital and Vincent T. Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Education & Training
- Massachusetts General HospitalFellowship, Radiation Oncology - Head & Neck Cancers, 1982 - 1982
- Harvard Affiliated HospitalsChief Residency, Radiation Oncology, 1981 - 1982
- Harvard Affiliated HospitalsResidency, Radiation Oncology, 1980 - 1982
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationResidency, Radiation Oncology, 1979 - 1980
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationInternship, General Surgery, 1978 - 1979
- Louisiana State UniversityClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2018 - 2020
- NM State Medical License 2010 - 2022
- VA State Medical License 2008 - 2022
- DC State Medical License 1982 - 2022
- MD State Medical License 1982 - 2022
- MN State Medical License 1980 - 1983
- American Board of Radiology Therapeutic Radiology
Publications & Presentations
- Survey of current practices from the International Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Consortium (ISBRTC) for head and neck cancersIrene Karam, Min Yao, Dwight E. Heron, Ian Poon, Shlomo A. Koyfman, Sue S. Yom, Farzan Siddiqui, Eric Lartigau, Mustafa Cengiz, Hideya Yamazaki, Wendy Hara, Jack Phan,...> ;Future Oncology. 2017 Mar 1
- 16 citationsIntensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy with Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Boost for Unfavorable Prostate Cancer: The Georgetown University ExperienceCatherine E. Mercado, Marie-Adele Sorel Kress, Robyn A. Cyr, Leonard N. Chen, Thomas M. Yung, Elizabeth G. Bullock, Siyuan Lei, Brian T. Collins, Andrew N. Satinsky, K...> ;Frontiers in Oncology. 2016 May 6
- Refractory trigeminal neuralgia treatment outcomes following CyberKnife radiosurgerySana D. Karam, Alexander X. Tai, James W. Snider, Shilpa Bhatia, Edward J. Bedrick, Abdul Rashid, Ann K. Jay, Christopher G. Kalhorn, Nathan Nair, K. William Harter, S...> ;Radiation Oncology. 2014 Dec 14
- Join now to see all
- Techniques For Percutaneous And Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Of Hepatic Metastases. In Proc. 1st Intl. Meeting Of Gammamed Users (SM Shah, Ed.) MickDritschilo A, HARTER KW, Grant E, Holt R, Lee TC, Nauta R, Rustgi S, and Rodgers JE
- Early Experience of the First Single-Room Gantry Mounted Active Scanning Proton Therapy System at an Integrated Cancer CenterMatthew K Forsthoefel , Elizabeth Ballew , Keith R Unger , Peter H Ahn , Sonali Rudra, Dalong Pang , Sean P Collins , Anatoly Dritschilo , William Harter , Nitika Paud...
- . Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy with Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Boost for Unfavorable Prostate Cancer: A Report on Three Year Toxicity. Frontiers in O...61. Paydar I, Pepin A, Cyr RA, King J, Yung T, Bullock E, Lei S, Satinsky A, HARTER KW, Suy S, Dritschilo A, Lynch J, Kole T, Collins SP
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: