Dr. Olson is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4400 NE Halsey St.
Bldg 2, ste 590
Portland, OR 97213Phone+1 971-358-6412
- Is this information wrong?
- Medical executive with extensive experience in strategic and operational leadership of specialty practice in highly matrixed organizations. Proven ability to harness physician leadership investment to deliver effective and affordable care. Easing the way of patients and providers in complex medical system through data and innovation is my passion.
Education & Training
- Oregon Health & Science UniversityFellowship, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 1991 - 1995
- Indiana University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1988 - 1991
- Oregon Health and Science University School of MedicineClass of 1988
- University of Notre DameBS, Biology, 1979 - 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2002 - 2014
- OR State Medical License 1991 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Portland Monthly Magazine Castle Connolly, 2011
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsInhibition of Growth but not Differentiation of Normal and Leukemic Myeloid Cells by MethylthioadenosineMichael K. Riscoe, Jurgen Schwamborn, Adolph J. Ferro, Kevin D. Olson, John H. Fitchen> ;Cancer Research. 1987 Jul 15
- Oregon Panel Drops Effort to Cut Opioids and Cover Chronic PainMay 16th, 2019
- Co-Chair, Providence St Joseph Health Cancer Leadership Council 2018 - 2020
- Chair, OHA Health Evidence Review Commission 2016 - 2022
- Board Member, Credena Health 2015 - 2022
- member, OHA HERC Value Bases Benefits Subcommittee 2013 - 2022
- Co-Chair, US Oncology Practice Quality and Efficiency Committee 2009 - 2013
- Member, US Oncology Executive Committee 2008 - 2010
- Member, Oregon Health Services Commission 2005 - 2011
- Member, NW Marrow Transplant Program Credentialing Committee 2000 - 2001
- Member, Legacy Health System Quality and Credentialing Committee 1999 - 2003
- Member, Oregon Health Plan Transplant Committee 1999 - 2003
- Member, Providence Stem Cell Transplant Executive Committee 1998 - 2001
- Chairman, Legacy Health System Cancer Committee 1998 - 2001
- Member, Legacy Meridian Park Quality Council 1998 - 2000
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: