Are you Dr. Tveter?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 55 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeOne Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506Phone(304) 293-4180
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Kevin Tveter, MD is a thoracic surgeon in Morgantown, West Virginia. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in West Virginia, Minnesota, and Texas. He is affiliated with West Virginia University Hospitals, Grafton City Hospital, and Davis Medical Center.
Education & Training
- West Virginia University School of MedicineFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2006 - 2008
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical CenterFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 1990 - 1993
- University of Minnesota Medical SchoolResidency, Surgery, 1982 - 1990
- Baylor College of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- WV State Medical License 2006 - 2019
- MN State Medical License 1985 - 2021
- TX State Medical License 1983 - 1983
- ND State Medical License Active through 2014
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
Publications & Presentations
- 47 citationsTransgenic overexpression of mitofilin attenuates diabetes mellitus-associated cardiac and mitochondria dysfunctionDharendra Thapa, Cody E. Nichols, Sara E. Lewis, Danielle L. Shepherd, Rajaganapathi Jagannathan, Tara L. Croston, Kevin J. Tveter, Anthony A. Holden, Walter A. Basele...> ;Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 2015 Feb 1
- 50 citationsFunctional deficiencies of subsarcolemmal mitochondria in the type 2 diabetic human heartTara L. Croston, Dharendra Thapa, Anthony A. Holden, Kevin J. Tveter, Sara E. Lewis, Danielle L. Shepherd, Cody E. Nichols, Dustin M. Long, I. Mark Olfert, Rajaganapat...> ;American Journal of Physiology-heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2014 Jul 1
- Blunt aortic injury involving the arch of the aorta with a grade III liver injuries repaired under circulatory arrest.Muhammad Nazim, Ronald C. Hill, Syed Hashmi, Alison Wilson, Kevin Tveter, Kelly Gustafson, Donnie Goodwin, Timothy A. VanHoose, Robert Tallaksen> ;The West Virginia medical journal. 2010 Jan 1
- Join now to see all