Dr. Bell is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office259 East Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60611Phone+1 312-926-3627
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Bell has been on staff at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and on faculty at the Northwestern University since 2000.She has served as teaching attending on the veterans administration’s hospital medicine wards as well as the Northwestern Memorial Hospital medicine wards. In addition, she has had medical residents to rotate with her in her private office.
Dr. Bell has taught Northwestern medical students in the Patient, Physician and Society course since 2002. In 2009 she received the Feinberg School of Medicine Award for Teaching Excellence.
In addition she served several years on the Committee on Admissions and the Interview Committee. From 2011 through 2014, she served on the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Medical Executive committee.
In addition to practicing internal medicine with the Northwestern Medical Group, Dr. Bell served as medical director of the Denny Preventive Medicine Center located at the Lawson House YMCA from 2001 – 2008.
She has also been involved in work in the greater Chicago. She was an ambassador with the American Cancer Society from 2001 – 2008 and has spoken at various engagements throughout the Chicagoland area.
Dr. Bell was appointed to the Illinois Diabetes Commission by Illinois Secretary of the Illinois Department of Human Services Carol L. Adams, PhD in 2008.
In 2010, she was named one of the Top 25 Influential Black Women in Chicago by RollingOut.com. In 2011, she was named one of Illinois’ Most Powerful and Influential Women by the National Women’s Conference. In 2013, she was named a “Woman of Excellence” by The Chicago Defender newspaper.
Dr. Bell served as the President of the state society of the National Medical Association (NMA) from 2004-2012. She served as president of the Meharry Medical College National Alumni Association from 2012 – 2014 and on the College’s Board of Trustees from 2013-2017.
She is married to Mr. Sam Balark and they three children Kristin, Sam Jr and Alexandria Olivia.
Education & Training
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 1999
- Meharry Medical CollegeClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 1999 - 2023
- AR State Medical License 1997 - 2003
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Northwestern Memorial HospitalChicago, Illinois
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: