Dr. McMurtry is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1 Brace Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034Phone+1 856-547-0389Fax+1 856-428-4053
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Kirk McMurtry is a thoracic surgeon in Reading, PA and is affiliated with Penn State Health St. Joseph. He received his medical degree from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and has been in practice 22 years. He specializes in minimally invasive cardiac surgery and cardiovascular surgery.
Education & Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2000 - 2003
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University/TJUHResidency, Surgery, 1995 - 2000
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiClass of 1995
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2003 - 2025
- PA State Medical License 1996 - 2024
- NY State Medical License 2000 - 2005
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, 2009-2012
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2010-2011
- New Jersey Life - Top Heart Doctors and OB-GYN Castle Connolly, 2009
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsUse of the Hemobag for modified ultrafiltration in a Jehovah's Witness patient undergoing cardiac surgery.David M. Moskowitz, James J. Klein, Aryeh Shander, Seth I. Perelman, Kirk A. McMurtry, Katherine M. Cousineau, M. Arisan Ergin> ;The Journal of Extra-Corporeal Technology. 2006 Sep 1
- 176 citationsAxillary artery cannulation: routine use in ascending aorta and aortic arch replacementJustus T. Strauch, David Spielvogel, Alexander Lauten, Steven L Lansman, Kirk McMurtry, Carol A. Bodian, Randall B Griepp> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2004 Jul 1
- 110 citationsTechnical advances in total aortic arch replacement.Justus T. Strauch, David Spielvogel, Alexander Lauten, Jan D. Galla, Steven L. Lansman, Kirk McMurtry, Randall B. Griepp> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2004 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: