Dr. Economopoulos is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5881 E Mayo Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85054Phone(480) 342-2407
- Is this information wrong?
- Kostas Economopoulos, M.D. is an orthopedic surgeon at Mayo Clinic in Arizona, where he treats hip labral tears, hip impingement, ACL tears, knee cartilage injuries, torn meniscus, shoulder instability, rotator cuff tears, patellar instability and other sports injuries. He received his medical degree at the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Dr. Economopoulos performs hip arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, Cartilage repair/restoration, cartilage repair/restoration, meniscus transplant, osteotomy, shoulder labral repair and rotator cuff repair. His interests include arthroscopic treatment for femoroacetabular impingement, meniscus transplantation, and cartilage restoration and transplantation. U.S. News & World Report ranks Mayo Clinic in Arizona #1 in the state.
Education & Training
- University of VirginiaFellowship, Sports Medicine, 2011 - 2012
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical CenterResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2007 - 2011
- St Louis University School of MedicineInternship, Transitional Year, 2002 - 2003
- University of ArizonaClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- OR State Medical License 2012 - Present
- AZ State Medical License 2011 - 2023
- VA State Medical License Active through 2013
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- Hip Arthroscopy in the High-Level Athlete: Does Capsular Closure Make a Difference?Jeffrey D. Hassebrock, Justin L. Makovicka, Anikar Chhabra, Matthew B Anastasi, Heather M. Menzer, Justin G. Wilcox, Kostas J Economopoulos> ;American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020 Jul 15
- Bilateral Hip Arthroscopy in High-Level Athletes: Results of a Shorter Interval Between Staged Bilateral Hip Arthroscopies:Jeffrey D. Hassebrock, Anikar Chhabra, Justin L. Makovicka, Kostas J Economopoulos> ;American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020 Jan 13
- 2 citationsProspective Randomized Comparison of Capsular Management Techniques During Hip Arthroscopy.Kostas J Economopoulos, Anikar Chhabra, Christopher Y Kweon> ;American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2019 Dec 31
- Join now to see all
- Mayo Clinic HospitalPhoenix, Arizona
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: