Overview of Dr. Patel
I am an Assistant Member in the Department of Head and Neck–Endocrine Oncology. I received MD degree at the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan and then concurrently completed a Residency in the Department of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, and a Master of Science degree in Surgery at Western University, London, Ontario, Canada. I am board-certified in Otolaryngology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada. He went on to complete the Head and Neck Microvascular Reconstruction Fellowship at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio.
I am a member of the American Head and Neck Society, North American Skull Base Society and Disparities Committee at NRG. Dr. Patel’s clinical interests include the management of oral cavity/oropharynx/larynx cancers, salivary gland neoplasms, thyroid cancers, reconstruction of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer defects in the head and neck region, and sinonasal cancers (cancers arising from nose and sinuses).
My clinical research interests focus on the development of transoral robotic surgery and improvement in microvascular reconstructive surgeries for head and neck cancers.
I have ongoing projects and publications in cancer care delivery including virtual health and real time patient monitoring to design just-in-time interventions to improve patient outcomes. My translational research focuses on developing biomarkers for use in genomic analyses that predict the impact of therapeutic interventions on clinical and quality-of-life outcomes.
Office12902 Usf Magnolia Dr
Tampa, FL 33612Fax+1 813-449-8618
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Saskatchewan COMClass of 2007
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 2017 - 2022
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Otolaryngology
Publications & Presentations
- Tumor molecular differences associated with outcome disparities of Black patients with head and neck cancer.Hugh A J Kim, Peter Y F Zeng, Alana Sorgini, Mushfiq H Shaikh, Halema Khan, Danielle MacNeil, Mohammed I Khan, Adrian Mendez, John Yoo, Kevin Fung, Pencilla Lang, Davi...> ;Head & neck. 2022 May 1
- 3p Arm Loss and Survival in Head and Neck Cancer: An Analysis of TCGA Dataset.Hugh Andrew Jinwook Kim, Mushfiq Hassan Shaikh, Mark Lee, Peter Y.F. Zeng, Alana Sorgini, Temitope Akintola, Xiaoxiao Deng, Laura Jarycki, Halema Khan, Danielle MacNei...> ;Cancers. 2021 Oct 22
- A combination of intra-tumor genetic heterogeneity, estrogen receptor alpha and human papillomavirus status predicts outcomes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma ...Krupal B. Patel, Edmund A. Mroz, William C. Faquin, James W. Rocco> ;Oral Oncology. 2021 Jun 29
- Join now to see all
- North American Skull Base SocietyMember
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research InstituteTampa, Florida
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: