Dr. Carey is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office13000 Bruce B Downs Blvd
Tampa, FL 33612Phone+1 813-972-7682
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Larry Carey is a general surgeon in Tampa, FL and is affiliated with James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital-Tampa. He received his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and has been in practice 58 years. He specializes in trauma surgery & surgical critical care and is experienced in trauma and surgical critical care and acute care surgery (emergency general surgery).
Education & Training
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated HospitalsResidency, Surgery, 1960 - 1965
- New York Presbyterian HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1959 - 1960
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 1959
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1991 - 2021
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 13 citationsLessons learned from the evolution of the laparoscopic revolution.E. Christopher Ellison, Larry C. Carey> ;Surgical Clinics of North America. 2008 Oct 1
- 23 citationsOutcomes following resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: 20-year experience at a single institution.James Helm, Barbara A. Centeno, Domenico Coppola, Mihaela Druta, Jong Y. Park, Dung-Tsa Chen, Pamela Hodul, Larry K. Kvols, Timothy J. Yeatman, Larry C. Carey, Richard...> ;Cancer Control. 2008 Oct 1
- 10 citations32P as an adjunct to standard therapy for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer: a randomized trial.Alexander S. Rosemurgy, German E. Luzardo, Jennifer Cooper, Carl Bowers, Emmanuel E. Zervos, Mark Bloomston, Sam Al-Saadi, Robert Carroll, Hemant Chheda, Larry C. Care...> ;Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2008 Feb 12
- Join now to see all
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital-TampaTampa, Florida
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: