Dr. Popovitz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office130 East 67th Street
New York, NY 10065Phone(212) 759-4553Fax(212) 486-8334
- Is this information wrong?
- Leon E. Popovitz, MD, co-founder of New York Bone & Joint Specialists, is a top-rated orthopedic surgeon in New York City and New Jersey. He is an internationally recognized specialist in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, arthroscopic surgery of the knee and sports medicine.
Dr. Popovitz’ expertise is in minimally invasive repair and/or reconstruction of the shoulder and knee. This includes shoulder labrum, dislocations/bankart and rotator cuff tears. In the knee, this includes ACL, meniscus and cartilage tears. His treatment philosophy is that preservation of all the vital structures, with which we are born, is the key to extending the life of our joints.
Constantly at the forefront of advancements in orthopedic medicine, Dr. Popovitz’ clinical studies focus on the latest non-surgical and surgical developments. In addition, Dr. Popovitz’ inventions encompass the highest level of techniques and developments that will be used by orthopedic surgeons in the future.
Education & Training
- NYU Grossman School of MedicineFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 1999 - 2000
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/NorthwellResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1995 - 1999
- New York Medical CollegeInternship, Transitional Year, 1994 - 1995
- New York Medical CollegeClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2014 - 2021
- NY State Medical License 1996 - 2024
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Leading Physicians of the World - Doctors of Excellence Patients' Choice Award
- New York Magazine Best Doctors 2016-2017
- New York Times Tops Doctors 2016-2017
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 11 citationsFlexion-Type Salter-Harris I Injury of the Proximal Tibial EpiphysisChaitanya S. Mudgal, Leon E. Popovitz, James R. Kasser> ;Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2000 May 1
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: