Dr. Shutter is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Phone(412) 647-8080Fax(412) 647-8445
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Emory University HospitalResidency, Neurology, 1994
- University of Alabama HospitalResidency, Neurology, 1991 - 1992
- University of Alabama HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine Preliminary Year, 1990 - 1991
- Emory University School of MedicineClass of 1990
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 2013 - 2017
- OH State Medical License 2003 - 2014
- CA State Medical License 1999 - Present
- PA State Medical License 1997 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 1997 - 1999
- GA State Medical License 1992 - 1997
- AL State Medical License 1991 - 1991
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- Brain Oxygen Optimization in Severe TBI, Phase 3 Start of enrollment: 2019 Aug 28Lori Shutter, MD;Ramon Diaz-Arrastia, MD, PhD;Sharon Yeatts, PhD;William Barsan, MD
- Study of Procoagulation Markers in Stroke Patients Start of enrollment: 2012 Aug 01Nina T Gentile, M.D.
- Stroke Hyperglycemia Insulin Network Effort (SHINE) Trial Start of enrollment: 2012 Apr 01Askiel Bruno, MD, MS;Christiana Hall, MD, MS;Karen C Johnston, MD, MSc;Kevin Barrett, MD;Valerie Durkalski, PhD;William Barsan, MD
- Cognitive REmediation After Trauma Exposure Trial = CREATE Trial Start of enrollment: 2011 Aug 01Ross Zafonte, M.D.;Thomas W McAllister, M.D.
- Blood Biomarkers of Injury and Outcome in Traumatic Brain Injury Start of enrollment: 2011 Jul 01Michael Frankel, MD
- A Pilot Study of NSICU Assessment of Seizure Prophylaxis With Lacosamide Start of enrollment: 2010 May 01Jerzy P Szaflarski, M.D., PhD
- Hypertonic Saline vs. Mannitol for Elevated Intercranial Pressure Start of enrollment: 2010 Apr 01Lori Shutter, MD
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Intentional Inclusion, Diversity, and Transparent Reporting in Critical Care Research.David J. Wallace, Lori Shutter, Naudia Jonassaint> ;Critical Care Medicine. 2021 Aug 1
- Proceedings of the First Curing Coma Campaign NIH Symposium: Challenging the Future of Research for Coma and Disorders of ConsciousnessJan Claassen, Yama Akbari, Sheila Alexander, Mary Kay Bader, Kathleen R. Bell, Thomas P. Bleck, Mélanie Boly, Jeremy Brown, Sherry H.-Y. Chou, Michael N. Diringer, Bri...> ;Neurocritical Care. 2021 Jul 1
- Letter: Commentary: What We Might or Might Not Know About Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Neurosurgery.Paul A. Nyquist, Fernando D. Goldenberg, Cynthia Bautista, Benjamin Miller, Draga Jichici, Lori Shutter> ;Neurosurgery. 2021 Jul 15
- Join now to see all
- Decompressive Craniectomy in Traumatic Brain Injury: Weighing the Risks and BenefitsSeptember 27th, 2016
- Treating Strokes Quickly Can Mean Difference Between Life and Death or Life Unchanged and Permanent ImpairmentJuly 17th, 2019
- The Chuck Noll Foundation for Brain Injury Research Announces Inaugural Research GrantsFebruary 22nd, 2018
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: