Dr. Branco is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1717 N E Street
Pensacola, FL 32501Phone+1 850-444-1717
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Marcelo Branco is a cardiologist in Pensacola, FL and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Baptist Hospital, Gulf Breeze Hospital and DW McMillan Hospital. He received his medical degree from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro Faculty of Medicine in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He completed internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Marshal University in Huntington, WVa and cardiology fellowship at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, KY. He remained at the University of Kentucky Medical Center for 3 years as an assistant professor and then moved to Pensacola in 1989. He specializes in adult heart disease, Cardiac electrophysiology, and interventional cardiology and is experienced in valvular heart disease, cardiac catheterization with PCI, cardiac electrophysiology and ablation, cardiac critical care, and cardiac device implantation. Dr, Branco is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Cardiac Electrophysiology.
Education & Training
- University of Kentucky College of MedicineFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1983 - 1986
- Marshall University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1981 - 1983
- Fed Univ Rio de Janeiro- Sch Med SciClass of 1978, MD
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1990 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 1989 - 2025
- KY State Medical License 1984 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 1983 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
Publications & Presentations
- 65 citationsA prospective, randomized trial comparing combination half-dose tissue-type plasminogen activator and streptokinase with full-dose tissue-type plasminogen activator. K...Cindy L. Grines, Steven E. Nissen, David C. Booth, John C. Gurley, Noah Chelliah, Richard Wolf, James D. Blankenship, Marcelo C. Branco, Kim A. Bennett, Anthony N. DeM...> ;Circulation. 1991 Aug 1
- 44 citationsA new thrombolytic regimen for acute myocardial infarction using combination half dose tissue-type plasminogen activator with full dose streptokinase: a pilot studyCindy L. Grines, Steven E. Nissen, David C. Booth, Marcelo C. Branco, John C. Gurley, Kim A. Bennett, Anthony N. DeMaria> ;Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 1989 Sep 1
- Heart Rhythm SocietyMember
- Portuguese, Spanish
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: