Dr. Balters is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office7710 Mercy Rd
Omaha, NE 68124Phone(402) 717-4900Fax(402) 717-6064
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Marcus Balters is a thoracic surgeon in Omaha, NE and is affiliated with CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. He received his medical degree from University of Nebraska College of Medicine and has been in practice 21 years. He specializes in thoracic surgical oncology and hemodialysis access. He is experienced in video-assisted thoracic surgery, vats lobectomies, and many types of arteriovenous access procedures.
Education & Training
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2001 - 2003
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1996 - 2001
- University of Nebraska College of MedicineClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- NE State Medical License 2003 - 2022
- IA State Medical License 2003 - 2019
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Academy of Clerkship Directors Association of Surgical Education
Publications & Presentations
- APDS Consensus Statement: Ideal Senior Medical Student Experiences for Preparedness for General Surgery Internship.Jennifer LaFemina, Vanita Ahuja, Adnan Alseidi, Marcus Balters, Karen J. Brasel, Clarence E. Clark, Keith A. Delman, David R. Farley, Brenessa Lindeman, Daniel Relles,...> ;Journal of Surgical Education. 2021 Jan 1
- Malignant Degeneration of Biopsy-Proven Hamartoma to Chondrosarcoma.Rachel E. Schenkel, Charles Altfillisch, Janice Chung, Ankit Verma, Marcus Balters> ;Cureus. 2020 Dec 18
- Cytoreduction with hyperthermic intra peritoneal and intra thoracic chemotherapy for metastatic Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary.Nicholas K. Larsen, Matthew J. Reilly, Seunghyug Kwon, Brian W. Loggie, Marcus Balters> ;Gynecologic oncology reports. 2020 Sep 6
- Join now to see all
- CHI Health Surgeon Marcus Balters, MD 3/31/16March 31st, 2016
- CHI Health Creighton University Medical CenterOmaha, Nebraska
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: