Dr. Balters is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office7710 Mercy Rd
Omaha, NE 68124Phone+1 402-717-4900Fax+1 402-717-6064
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Marcus Balters is a thoracic surgeon in Omaha, NE and is affiliated with CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. He received his medical degree from University of Nebraska College of Medicine and has been in practice 21 years. He specializes in thoracic surgical oncology and hemodialysis access. He is experienced in video-assisted thoracic surgery, vats lobectomies, and many types of arteriovenous access procedures.
Education & Training
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2001 - 2003
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 1996 - 2001
- University of Nebraska College of MedicineClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- NE State Medical License 2003 - 2024
- IA State Medical License 2003 - 2019
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Academy of Clerkship Directors Association of Surgical Education
Publications & Presentations
- Frequency and Characteristics of Social Media Use among General Surgery Trainees.Hataka R Minami, Xujia Li, Samantha K Ong, Steven Allen, Parswa Ansari, Marcus Balters, Daniel Han, Donald Hess, Patrick Jackson, Mary Kimbrough, Michael Porter, Rebec...> ;The Journal of Surgical Research. 2022 Sep 1
- 6 citationsAPDS Consensus Statement: Ideal Senior Medical Student Experiences for Preparedness for General Surgery Internship.Jennifer LaFemina, Vanita Ahuja, Adnan Alseidi, Marcus Balters, Karen J. Brasel, Clarence E. Clark, Keith A. Delman, David R. Farley, Brenessa Lindeman, Daniel Relles,...> ;Journal of Surgical Education. 2021 Jan 1
- Malignant Degeneration of Biopsy-Proven Hamartoma to Chondrosarcoma.Rachel Schenkel, Charles Altfillisch, Janice Chung, Ankit Verma, Marcus Balters> ;Cureus. 2020 Dec 18
- Join now to see all
- CHI Health Surgeon Marcus Balters, MD 3/31/16March 31st, 2016
- CHI Health Creighton University Medical CenterOmaha, Nebraska
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: