Dr. Alfakir is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office378 Belmont Ave
Haledon, NJ 07508Phone(973) 925-4848Fax(973) 925-4851
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Seton Hall University-Hackensack Meridian School of MedicineFellowship, Pulmonary Disease, 2009 - 2011
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiResidency, Internal Medicine, 2006 - 2009
- Damascus University Faculty of MedicineClass of 2003
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2009 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease
Publications & Presentations
- 18 citationsPulmonary gas exchange during hemodialysis: a comparison of subjects with and without COPD on bicarbonate hemodialysis.Maria Alfakir, Mahmoud Q. Moammar, Muhammad Ali, Eid Alhatem, Ryan D. Curran, Rani M Saoud, Chandra Chandran, M. Anees Khan, Vincent A. DeBari> ;Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science. 2011 Sep 21
- 48 citationsEfficacy of an expanded ventilator bundle for the reduction of ventilator-associated pneumonia in the medical intensive care unit.John Blamoun, Maria Alfakir, Marie E. Rella, Janice M. Wojcik, Roberto Solis, M. Anees Khan, Vincent A. DeBari> ;American Journal of Infection Control. 2009 Mar 1
- 6 citationsThe association of D-dimer levels with clinical outcomes in patients presenting with acute pulmonary embolism.John Blamoun, Maria Alfakir, Ashraf I R Sedfawy, Mahmoud Q. Moammar, Michael Maroules, M. Anees Khan, Vincent A. DeBari> ;Laboratory Hematology. 2009 Jan 1
- St. Joseph's University Medical CenterPaterson, New Jersey
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: