Dr. Getelman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office375 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361Phone(805) 367-8888Fax(805) 497-7315
- Is this information wrong?
- Mark Getelman, MD is an Los Angeles, CA orthopedic surgeon serving patients in Van Nuys, Thousand Oaks and the greater Los Angeles area. Dr. Getelman is double-board certified in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute (SCOI). He focuses on treating conditions of the shoulder and knee with non-surgical and surgical options. Utilizing both arthroscopic and minimally invasive open surgical techniques, Dr. Getelman strives to keep all patients active and healthy with state of the art treatments that allow for rapid recovery.
Education & Training
- Southern California Orthopedic InstituteFellowship, Sports Medicine, 1996 - 1997
- Boston University Medical CenterResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 1991 - 1996
- Boston University Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1989 - 1990
- University of FloridaClass of 1989
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1997 - 2005
- CA State Medical License 1996 - 2022
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Champions in Healthcare Specialist Physician Pacific Coast Business Times, 2016
- Efficacy of the SurgiStim3 Electrical Stimulation Device in Persons Undergoing Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair Start of enrollment: 2006 Jul 01Getelman, M.H.
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsArthroscopic Repair of Medium to Large Rotator Cuff Tears With a Triple-Loaded Medially Based Single-Row Technique Augmented With Marrow Vents.Brian D. Dierckman, Petros Frousiakis, Joseph P. Burns, F. Alan Barber, Ross Wodicka, Mark H. Getelman, Ronald P. Karzel, Stephen J. Snyder> ;Arthroscopy. 2021 Jan 1
- Grafts and Patches in Rotator Cuff Surgery: Bioinductive Scaffolds, Augmentation, Interposition, and Superior Capsule Reconstruction.F. Alan Barber, Richard K.N. Ryu, Jessica H. Ryu, Mark H. Getelman, John M. Tokish> ;Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 2020 Jan 1
- Biomechanics of an interlinked suture anchor rotator cuff repair in a human cadaveric model.Klevis Aliaj, Heath B. Henninger, Jean-Olivier E. Tétreault-Paquin, Mark H. Getelman, Joseph P. Donahue> ;JSES Open Access. 2019 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- Mark Getelman, MD, Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Doctor in Los Angeles, Launches New Orthopedic Educational Website LASportsOrthoMD.COMDecember 1st, 2016
- Device to Ease Concussion Concerns to Undergo Testing in Girl's Soccer: 4 Thoughts FeaturedAugust 12th, 2016
- D1 Sports Training and Therapy to Open 10 Facilities Nationwide This Year: 5 Thoughts FeaturedAugust 12th, 2016
- Join now to see all
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical CenterThousand Oaks, California
- Motion Picture and Television Fund Hospital and Residential ServicesWoodland Hills, California
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterNorthridge, California
- Adventist Health Simi ValleySimi Valley, California
- Valley Presbyterian HospitalVan Nuys, California
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical CenterLos Angeles, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: