Dr. Kligman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office29 S Greene St
Baltimore, MD 21201Phone+1 410-328-8940Fax+1 410-328-8997
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Mark Kligman, an expert in minimally invasive gastric bypass surgery, is director of the Center for Weight Management and Wellness at the University of Maryland Medical Center. In the past five years, he has performed more than 450 laparoscopic Roux-en-Y operations with an outstanding rate of success. A trained trauma surgeon, Dr. Kligman developed an interest in bariatric surgery while at the Medical College of Ohio, where he served as division chief of Trauma/Critical Care/Emergency Services and medical director of the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Eventually, he decided to devote the majority of his practice to weight loss surgery and performs minimally invasive Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. He received his medical degree from Wayne State University. In addition to a residency and research fellowship at the University of Maryland, he completed fellowships in trauma surgery and surgical critical care at the University of Miami. He has written many articles and given numerous presentations on laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery.
Education & Training
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemFellowship, Surgical Critical Care, 1992 - 1993
- University of MarylandResidency, Surgery, 1986 - 1992
- Wayne State University School of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 1994 - 2021
- FL State Medical License 1992 - 2024
- MD State Medical License 1988 - 2024
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- What's Nissen on the net? the quality of information regarding Nissen fundoplication on the internet.Ace St John, Kendyl Carlisle, Mark D. Kligman, Stephen M. Kavic> ;Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. 2021 Nov 29
- Insurance Coverage of Pediatric Bariatric Surgery: a Cross-Sectional Analysis of the USA.Brooks J. Knighton, Cynthia T. Yusuf, Michael Ha, Ledibabari M. Ngaage, Selim Gebran, Natalia S Kubicki, Mark D. Kligman, Yvonne M. Rasko> ;Obesity Surgery. 2021 Oct 23
- 1 citationsTen Year Trends in Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship.Nicole M. Shockcor, Hilary Hayssen, Mark D. Kligman, Natalia S Kubicki, Stephen M. Kavic> ;Jsls-journal of The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons. 2021 Apr 1
- Join now to see all
- University of Maryland Medical CenterBaltimore, Maryland
- University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown CampusBaltimore, Maryland
- Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System-Baltimore DivisionBaltimore, Maryland
- University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical CenterGlen Burnie, Maryland
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: