Are you Dr. Varn?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 36 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office233 E Blackstock Rd
Spartanburg, SC 29301Phone+1 864-587-9872Fax+1 864-587-9892
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Mary Varn, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist in Spartanburg, South Carolina. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in South Carolina and Tennessee. She is affiliated with Spartanburg Medical Center - Church Street Campus and Spartanburg Medical Center - Mary Black.
Education & Training
- Medical University of South CarolinaResidency, Ophthalmology, 1996 - 1996
- University of Virginia Medical CenterResidency, Pediatrics, 1990 - 1992
- Medical University of South CarolinaClass of 1990
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 1992 - 2025
- TN State Medical License 1996 - 1998
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAO) American Academy of Ophthalmology
Publications & Presentations
- 8 citationsCombined bilateral superior rectus muscle recession and inferior oblique muscle weakening for dissociated vertical deviationMary M. Varn, Richard A. Saunders, M. Edward Wilson> ;Journal of Aapos. 1997 Sep 1
- 4 citationsRetinal examinations in infants after extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.M. M. Varn, M. L. Donahue, Richard A. Saunders, J. D. Baker, C. M. Smith, M. E. Wilson> ;Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus. 1997 May 1
- Spartanburg Medical Center - Mary BlackSpartanburg, South Carolina
- Spartanburg Medical Center - Church Street CampusSpartanburg, South Carolina