Dr. Fiandaca is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeAsklepios BioPharmaceutical Inc - CNS Gene Therapy
2447 North Star Rd
Upper Arlington, OH 43221Phone+1 510-358-8431
- Is this information wrong?
- Neurosurgeon, neuroscientist, and entrepreneur working in biotechnology company focused on vector-based gene therapy strategies and direct brain delivery technologies for human central nervous system disorders.
Current Specialties: CNS gene therapy; convection enhanced delivery (CED); neurosurgical methods and devices; translational neuroscience research; blood-based biomarkers.
Education & Training
- Loyola University of Maryland, Sellinger School of Business and ManagementMBA, Business and Management, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1999 - 2001
- University of Rochester Medical CenterFellowship, Neurobiology and Anatomy, 1987 - 1988
- Emory University School of MedicineResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1982 - 1987
- Emory University School of MedicineInternship, Surgery, 1981 - 1982
- Oregon Health and Science University School of MedicineClass of 1981, MD, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Oregon State UniversityBS, Zoology, 1973 - 1977
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2016 - 2024
- MD State Medical License 1991 - 2016
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Beta Gamma Sigma Loyola University of Maryland, Sellinger School, 2001
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Plasma Sphingomyelins in Late-Onset Alzheimer's Disease.Gianna M. Fote, Jie Wu, Mark Mapstone, Fabio Macciardi, Massimo S. Fiandaca, Howard J. Federoff> ;Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. 2021 Jan 1
- 11 citationsFoetal bovine serum influence on in vitro extracellular vesicle analyses.Brandon M. Lehrich, Yaxuan Liang, Massimo S. Fiandaca> ;Journal of extracellular vesicles. 2021 Jan 1
- 8 citationsInfuse-as-you-go convective delivery to enhance coverage of elongated brain targets: technical note.Vivek Sudhakar, Jerusha Naidoo, Lluis Samaranch, John Bringas, Russell R. Lonser, Massimo S. Fiandaca, Krystof S. Bankiewicz> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2020 Aug 1
- Join now to see all
- Advancing gene therapies, methods, and technologies for Parkinson's Disease and other neurological disorders.Fiandaca MS, Lonser RR, Elder JB, Zabek M, Bankiewicz KS, Neurol Neurochir Pol., 6/20/2020
- GDNF and Parkinson's Disease: Where Next? A Summary from a Recent WorkshopBarker RA, Bjorklund A, Gash DM, Whone A, Van Laar A, Kordower JH, Bankiewicz K, Kieburtz K, Saarma M, Booms S, Huttunen HJ, Kells A, Fiandaca MS, Stoessl AJ, Eidelber..., J Parkinsons Dis, 6/9/2020
- Author Correction: Plasma microRNA markers of upper limb recovery following human stroke.Edwardson MA, Zhong X, Fiandaca MS, Federoff HJ, Cheema AK, Dromerick AW., Sci Rep., 2/9/2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: