Dr. Ongchin is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
9100 Babcock Blvd, Ground fl
Pittsburgh, PA 15237Phone(412) 748-3254
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Melanie Ongchin is a surgical oncologist in Pittsburgh, PA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including UPMC Presbyterian, UPMC Passavant, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside - Shadyside. She received her medical degree from Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and has been in practice 10 years. She specializes in surgical oncology (other than breast) and is experienced in biliary tract disease, pancreatic disease, malignant melanoma, surgical oncology (non-breast), and sarcomas.
Education & Training
- UPMC Medical EducationFellowship, Complex General Surgical Oncology, 2012 - 2014
- University at Buffalo School of MedicineResidency, Surgery, 2006 - 2012
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolClass of 2006
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2017 - 2019
- NY State Medical License 2014 - 2020
- PA State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Complex General Surgical Oncology
Publications & Presentations
- Socioeconomic Barriers to CRS HIPEC for Appendiceal Cancer within a Regional Academic Hospital System.Caroline Rieser, Heather Phelos, Amer Zureikat, James Pingpank, Melanie Ongchin, Andrew Lee, Joshua Brown, M Haroon Choudry, Richard S Hoehn> ;Annals of surgical oncology. 2022 May 31
- 4 citationsImpact of Socioeconomic Status on Presentation and Outcomes in Colorectal Peritoneal Metastases Following Cytoreduction and Chemoperfusion: Persistent Inequalities in ...Caroline J Rieser, Richard S Hoehn, Mazen Zenati, Lauren B Hall, Eliza Kang, Amer H Zureikat, Andrew Lee, Melanie Ongchin, Matthew P Holtzman, James F Pingpank, David ...> ;Annals of surgical oncology. 2021 Jul 1
- Retraction: Withdrawal: Restoration of transforming growth factor-β receptor II expression in colon cancer cells with microsatellite instability increases metastatic p...Xiao Qiong Liu, Ashwani Rajput, Liying Geng, Melanie Ongchin, Anathbandhu Chaudhuri, Jing Wang> ;Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2020 Mar 27
- Join now to see all
- Cancer Care – Close to HomeDecember 22nd, 2020
- Taking Liver Cancer Surgery to New LevelsNovember 9th, 2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: