Are you Dr. Contos?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 44 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1250 E Marshall Street
Richmond, VA 23298Phone+1 804-828-9738
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Melissa Contos, MD is a board certified pathologist in Richmond, Virginia. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Virginia. She is affiliated with VCU Medical Center and Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center-Richmond.
Education & Training
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health SystemResidency, Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical, 1988 - 1993
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1993 - 2024
- American Board of Pathology Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
Publications & Presentations
- Cystadenofibroma with Mullerian-Type Epithelium and Stroma in the Liver: A Report of an Unusual Diagnosis and Discussion of Possible Etiologies.Anat Zeidel, Melissa Contos, Bryce S Hatfield> ;International Journal of Surgical Pathology. 2022 Jul 27
- 4 citationsMetabolic reprogramming of the intestinal microbiome with functional bile acid changes underlie the development of NAFLD.Ekaterina Smirnova, Mark D Muthiah, Nicole Narayan, Mohamad S Siddiqui, Puneet Puri, Velimir A Luketic, Melissa J Contos, Michael Idowu, Jen-Chieh Chuang, Andrew N Bil...> ;Hepatology. 2022 Dec 1
- A Polarizing Case of Elevated Liver EnzymesBrian C. Davis, Bryce S. Hartfield, Melissa J. Contos, Michael O. Idowu, R. Todd Stravitz> ;Hepatology. 2020 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center-RichmondRichmond, Virginia
- VCU Medical CenterRichmond, Virginia