Dr. Gans is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1580 NW 10th Ave
Miami, FL 33136Phone+1 305-243-4863Fax+1 305-243-7409
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Melissa Gans received her Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular, Cellular, & Developmental Biology where she graduated with Distinction from Yale College. She received her Medical Degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine where she received the School of Medicine Service Award and was elected to the Iron Arrow Honor Society. She went on to complete a Pediatrics Residency and Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Montefiore Medical Center. She was on faculty at New York Medical College and Maria Fareri Children's Hospital before joining the University of Miami. Dr. Gans' principal research interests include primary immunodeficiency, immune dysregulatory disorders, and immunogenetics. She has authored over 12 peer-reviewed publications and has presented on these topics at national conferences in addition to performing research on food allergy and asthma. She has experience with clinical trials for immunoglobulin replacement and has performed laboratory research in basic immunology. Dr. Gans treats adult and pediatric patients for all allergic and immunologic diseases including but not limited to: immunodeficiency, immune dysregulation, food allergy, environmental allergies, anaphylaxis, eczema, hives, angioedema, insect allergy, periodic fever syndromes, and drug allergy. She treats patients with peanut oral immunotherapy, environmental immunotherapy, food/drug challenge, immunoglobulin replacement, aspirin desensitization, and biologics for allergic diseases. Dr. Gans serves on the following national committees: Clinical Immunology & Autoimmune Diseases Committee of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology; Primary Immune Deficiency Committee of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology; and Early Clinical Immunologists Committee of the Clinical Immunology Society. She lives in Miami with her husband and twin daughters. Follow her on Twitter @MelissaGansMD.
Education & Training
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of MedicineFellowship, Allergy and Immunology, 2018 - 2020
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of MedicineResidency, Pediatrics, 2015 - 2018
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of MedicineClass of 2015, M.D.
- Yale CollegeB.S., Molecular Biology, 2007 - 2011
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2021 - 2025
- NY State Medical License 2018 - 2022
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology Allergy & Immunology
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsPost-SARS-CoV-2 Atypical Inflammatory Syndrome in a Toddler with X-Linked Inhibitor of Apoptosis Deficiency After Stem Cell Transplant.Prasanth G Narahari, Jennifer Gebbia, Warren Alperstein, Gary Kleiner, Melissa Gans> ;Journal of Clinical Immunology. 2022 Nov 1
- 7 citationsPolyethylene glycol and polysorbate testing in 12 patients before or after coronavirus disease 2019 vaccine administration.Taya Carpenter, Justin Konig, Jillian Hochfelder, Subhadra Siegel, Melissa Gans> ;Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2021 Oct 12
- 6 citationsAtypical Inflammatory Syndrome Triggered by SARS-CoV-2 in Infants with Down Syndrome.Louise Malle, Paul Bastard, Andrea Martín-Nalda, Taya Carpenter, Douglas Bush, Roosheel S. Patel, Roger Colobran, Pere Soler-Palacín, Jean-Laurent Casanova, Melissa D....> ;Journal of Clinical Immunology. 2021 Jun 5
- Join now to see all
- The Growing Pandemic of Secondary ImmunodeficiencyNovember 2021
- Clinical Immunology SocietyMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: