Are you Dr. Watson?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 34 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office7777 Hennessy Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Phone(225) 765-8648Fax(225) 765-7898
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Melissa Watson, MD is a board certified psychiatrist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana and Texas. She is affiliated with Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of MedicineFellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2002 - 2004
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of MedicineResidency, Psychiatry, 2000 - 2002
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of MedicineClass of 2000
Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical License 2005 - 2022
- TX State Medical License 2003 - 2010
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Publications & Presentations
- 58 citationsComparative effects of methylphenidate and mixed salts amphetamine on height and weight in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.Steven R. Pliszka, Thomas L. Matthews, Kenneth J. Braslow, Melissa A. Watson> ;Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2006 May 1
- 'Giving Group' Lets Public Give Back to Utah Healthcare WorkersMarch 13th, 2021
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterBaton Rouge, Louisiana