Dr. Hovey is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office6829 N 72nd St
Omaha, NE 68122Phone+1 402-717-4900
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Michael Hovey is a general surgeon in Omaha, NE and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including CHI Health Lakeside, CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy, and CHI Health Immanuel. He received his medical degree from University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and has been in practice 20 years. He specializes in bariatric surgery and minimally invasive surgery and is experienced in endoscopy, minimally invasive surgery, general colorectal surgery, hernia surgery, and bariatric surgery.
Education & Training
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Methodist Medical Center)Residency, Surgery, 2000 - 2004
- US Air Force School of Aerospace MedicineCertificate, Flight Surgery, 1998 - 1998
- Creighton University School of Medicine (Omaha)Internship, Surgery, 1997 - 1998
- University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of MedicineClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State Medical License 2000 - 2025
- NE State Medical License 1998 - 2024
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 26 citationsIncarcerated rectal prolapse-rupture and ileal evisceration after failed reduction. Report of a caseMichael A. Hovey, Amanda M. Metcalf> ;Diseases of The Colon & Rectum. 1997 Oct 1
- CHI Health ImmanuelOmaha, Nebraska
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: