Overview of Dr. Laker
Dr. Michael Laker is an orthopedic surgeon in Farmington Hills, MI and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Ascension of Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus and Providence Park Hospital & Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine and has been in practice 15 years. He specializes in hip & knee reconstructive surgery and is experienced in hip osteoarthritis, hip and knee surgery, knee joint arthroplasty, hip and knee traumatology, and hip and knee sports medicine.
Office30055 Northwestern Hwy.
Farmington Hills, MI 48334Fax(248) 865-4237
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Brigham and Womens HospitalFellowship, Adult Reconstructive Surgery, 2007 - 2008
- Wayne State University School of MedicineResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2002 - 2007
- Tufts University School of MedicineClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 2007 - 2009
- MI State Medical License 2002 - 2024
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Topical Tranexamic Acid and Acute Blood Loss in Total Hip Arthroplasty Start of enrollment: 2013 Jan 01Michael Laker, M.D.
- Topical Tranexamic Acid and Acute Blood Loss in Total Knee Arthroplasty Start of enrollment: 2011 Jun 01Michael Laker, M.D.
Publications & Presentations
- Response to Letter to the Editor on "A Prospective Double-Blind Placebo Controlled Trial of Topical Tranexamic Acid in Total Knee Arthroplasty"Andrew G. Georgiadis, Stephanie J Muh, Craig D. Silverton, Robb M. Weir, Michael W. Laker> ;Journal of Arthroplasty. 2020 Apr 1
- 9 citationsTopical vs Intravenous Tranexamic Acid in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial.Wayne T North, Nima Mehran, Jason J Davis, Craig D Silverton, Robb M Weir, Michael W Laker> ;The Journal of arthroplasty. 2016 Apr 1
- 16 citationsTopical vs Intravenous Tranexamic Acid in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial.Wayne T North, Nima Mehran, Jason J Davis, Craig D Silverton, Robb M Weir, Michael W Laker> ;The Journal of arthroplasty. 2016 May 1
- Join now to see all
- Ascension of Providence Hospital, Southfield CampusSouthfield, Michigan
- Providence - Providence Park HospitalNovi, Michigan
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Georgia Blue Choice HMO
BCBS Georgia BlueChoice Option POS
BCBS Illinois PPO
CIGNA Open Access
CIGNA PPOCofinity PPO
First Health PPO
Great West PPO
Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Multiplan PHCS PPO
United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Please verify your coverage with the provider's office directly when scheduling an appointment
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: