Dr. Xiong is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office185 South Orange Avenue
Medical Science Building (MSB) officer: Room E-547
Newark, NJ 07101Phone(973) 972-0470Fax(973) 972-8202
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Xiong graduated from Shanghai 2nd Medical University at 1987, and obtained Master of Science from Niagara University at 1991 and Ph.D. from University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey at 1997. Dr. Xiong finished his clinical Anesthesiology residency training in the New Jersey Medical School (NJMS) and jointed UMDNJ faculty practice since 2002. Dr. Xiong is board certified anesthesiologist and current practice clinical anesthesia in the Department of Anesthesiology of NJMS-Rutgers as Attending and Associate Professor. Dr. Xiong's current clinical practice interests include Neuro-anesthesia, Regional anesthesia, and Obstetric anesthesia. Dr. Xiong actively involved in anesthesia resident teaching and particularly in the preparation for anesthesia oral board exam. Dr. Xiong's excellence in teaching has been rewarded as “Golden Apple Teacher” at 2007, 2008 for two consecutive years. Dr. Xiong is also actively involved in laboratory research, and presented more than 40 abstracts in all major Anesthesia and Neuroscience meeting, and has more than 10 publications in Anesthesiology Journal. Dr. Xiong's research results have received multiple honor rewards from Anesthesiology Society at state, national, and international level. Dr. Xiong's laboratory research interests include: involvement of brain glycine receptor in general anesthesia; Clinical and molecular Evidence of propofol addiction; Interaction and mechanism between the general anesthesia and sleeping; Neurotoxicity of prenatal propofol exposure.
Education & Training
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolResidency, Anesthesiology, 1999 - 2002
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolInternship, Transitional Year, 1998 - 1999
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of MedicineClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2002 - 2023
- American Board of Anesthesiology Anesthesiology
- Propofol Concentration In The Ambient Air Of The Operating Room And In The Blood Of Anesthesia Care Providers Start of enrollment: 2008 Jun 01
Publications & Presentations
- 24 citationsMBD1 Contributes to the Genesis of Acute Pain and Neuropathic Pain by Epigenetic Silencing of Oprm1 and Kcna2 Genes in Primary Sensory Neurons.Kai Mo, Shaogen Wu, Xiyao Gu, Ming Xiong, Weihua Cai, Fidelis E. Atianjoh, Emily E. Jobe, Xinyu Zhao, Wei-Feng Tu, Yuan Xiang Tao> ;The Journal of Neuroscience. 2018 Nov 14
- 8 citationsNeurobiology of propofol addiction and supportive evidence: What is the new development?Ming Xiong, Nimisha Shiwalkar, Kavya Reddy, Peter Shin, Alex Bekker> ;Brain Sciences. 2018 Feb 22
- 11 citationsPharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics of intravenous dexmedetomidine in morbidly obese patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery.Bo Xu, Dongxu Zhou, Li Ren, Steven M. Shulman, Xingan Zhang, Ming Xiong> ;Journal of Anesthesia. 2017 Aug 21
- Join now to see all
- University HospitalNewark, New Jersey
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: