Dr. Fonte is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2780 Cleveland Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33901Phone(239) 334-6474
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a fellowship trained trauma/surgical critical care surgeon who is currently Chief of Surgery and a past President of the Medical Staff. In addition to a busy clinical practice I have enjoyed participation on multiple committees and physician leadership, inside and outside of the Hospital. I have a special Interest in trauma prevention and often speak on this topic to groups of all ages in the community. I also take education and passing our knowledge and experience on to others seriously. I participate in medical student education as well as make myself available to those who want to shadow a trauma surgeon from high school through college, mentoring those who are considering a career in medicine and surgery.
I am also active with my surgical society , the ACOS, and have been Secretary/Treasurer for the General Surgery Discipline. Having been involved on multiple committees, as a member and as a Chair, I have also been elected to its Board of Governors.
Education & Training
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University HospitalFellowship, Surgical Critical Care, 1994 - 1995
- RowanSOM/Jefferson Health/Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1990 - 1994
- RowanSOM/Jefferson Health/Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1989 - 1990
- Rowan University School of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 1989
- Rutgers UniversityBA, Biology/ Biochemistry, Rutgers Honors Program/ cum laude, 1982 - 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State License 2021 - 2023
- TN State License 2021 - 2022
- FL State License 1996 - 2024
- NJ State License 1991 - 1997
- AOA Board of Surgery Surgery
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons. Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- International College of SurgeonsFellow of the International College of Surgeons
- French, Spanish
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: