Dr. Schneeman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5320 W 23rd St Suite #130,
Saint Louis Park, MN 55416Phone+1 952-345-8770
- Is this information wrong?
- Greetings! Since entering medical school 36 years ago, good fortune found me many times over in the form of exceptional mentors, strong professional relationships, and promising opportunities in the health care industry. I became a capable physician for patients first, a trusted colleague to clinicians second, and a fair-minded business leader third. With the help of many, we improved outcomes and lowered costs in patient populations that were under-served or over-serviced. I founded 3 complex care companies, 2 inpatient geriatric units, and trained interdisciplinary clinical teams across multiple settings. I have known lasting success and learned from quick failure. None of this came from a new technology or proprietary data algorithm. Nor was success due to a rigged playing field. Our positive impact was delivered by doing two things well at the same time; recruiting, training, and holding accountable a specialized geriatric complex care workforce, while simultaneously building the right value-based business infrastructure to support it. If I have any magic, it is the bonding of goodness lying inside of those who choose helping people, with the pragmatic resolve required to manage a cost crisis. “Treat them like family, like the people you love. And like you are paying for every penny of it yourself” That is and always has been my magic.
Like many of our friends, my wife and I are now empty nesting as the last of 8 kids has been launched. My health is excellent, and I am proud to be joining Lifesprk as their Chief Medical Officer. The timing in the market, the vision for growth, and the people here already make it a great fit. Thanks Lifesprk!!
Education & Training
- Atlantic Health System/Overlook Medical CenterChief Residency, Family Medicine, 1989 - 1990
- Atlantic Health System/Overlook Medical CenterResidency, Family Medicine, 1987 - 1989
- University of Minnesota Medical SchoolClass of 1987
- University of MinnesotaNo degree, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, and Immunology, 1982
- University of Notre DameB.A., Sociology, 1980
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State Medical License 2016 - 2016
- MN State Medical License 1990 - 2023
- NJ State Medical License 1988 - 1991
- American Board of Family Medicine Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine Geriatric Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top 40 Super Doctor www.superdoctors.com, 2015-2017
- Best Doctors 2014
- Best Doctors for Women 2011, 2013
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Ethical Dilemmas in Value-Based Care
- The Transitional Care Unit as a Geriatric Center of Excellence
- Doctor, Don’t Just Do Something, Stand There!
- Join now to see all
- Sociology Alumnus Creates Successful New Model for Compassionate Medical CareJanuary 24th, 2017
- Geriatrician Representative, Minnesota Medical Association Primary Care Workforce Expansion Task Force 2013 - 2014
- Board Member, North Collaborative Care Founding Board Member 2013 - 2014
- Board Member, North Clinic Board of Directors 2009 - 2011
- Executive Board and Board of Directors, Walker Methodist 2006 - 2013
- Board member, Minnesota Medical Directors Association Board of Directors 2005 - 2014
- Board Member, North Clinic Board of Directors, 1993 – 1997 1993 - 1997
- Minnesota Medical AssociationMember
- Minnesota Association of Geriatric Inspired Clinicians (formerly MMDA)Former Board Member
- St. Joseph's HospitalSaint Paul, Minnesota
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: