Rachell Ann Ekroos, PhD is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
- Rachell Ekroos is recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally as a forensic nursing leader, particularly for her impact in the areas of clinical services for people affected by violence, multidisciplinary responses to violence, and ethics. Dr. Ekroos is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing and a Distinguished Fellow of the International Association of Forensic Nurses. She is a respected nurse leader whose work is grounded in the core values of personal, professional, and organizational integrity, accountability, respect for persons, and moral courage.
Having served as a clinical forensic resource and consultant to numerous organizations and government entities, Dr. Ekroos contributes as an adviser or subject matter expert on local, regional, national, and international committees. Her areas of expertise include sexual violence, intimate partner violence, interpersonal violence, multidisciplinary response to violence, and ethics. In addition, she has specialized expertise in the areas of human trafficking, commercial sexual exploitation, and technology-enabled crimes against children.
Dr. Ekroos is committed to achieving excellence through innovative strategies and best practices. Through her analytical approach to solution development, she has enacted effective strategies across diverse business models including for-profit, non-profit, academic, and government agencies. Dr. Ekroos maintains a continued commitment to advancing evidence-based practices across the multidisciplinary teams responding to violence or mass disaster and increasing access to services for populations affected by violence.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Family Nurse Practitioner
Education & Training
- University of WashingtonDoctorate, 2016
- University of WashingtonPost-Masters Certificate, 2008
- Clarkson College of NursingMasters, 2004
- University of Arkansas for Medical SciencesBSN, Nursing, 2000
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow American Academy of Nursing
- Distinguished Fellow International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Inductee Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- Join now to see all
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor SocietyMember
- International Association of Forensic NursesDistinguished Fellow
- American Academy of NursingFellow
- American Society for Bioethics and HumanitiesMember
- American Nurses AssociationMember
- Nevada Nurses AssociationMember
- Nevada Advanced Practice Nurses AssociationMember
- American Public Health AssociationMember
- National League for NursingMember
- Western Institute of NursingMember
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsPolicy brief on the nursing response to human traffickingPatricia M. Speck, Stacey A. Mitchell, Rachell A. Ekroos, Rosario V Sanchez, DeAnne K. Hilfinger Messias> ;Nursing Outlook. 2018 Jan 1
- 4 citationsCase Series of Sexual Assault in Older PersonsPatricia M. Speck, Margaret T. Hartig, Wendy Likes, Trimika L. Bowdre, Amy Y. Carney, Rachell A. Ekroos, Ron Haugen, Jill Crum, Diana K. Faugno> ;Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2014 Nov 1
- Over 75 professional, invited, and other presentationsPlease contact for more information.
Local, state, regional, national, and international
- Exploring forensic nursing ethics and practice: Roles, loyalties, and photodocumentation practicesR. Ekroos, Disertation
Research Works Archive, University of Washington Library, Seattle
- Pediatric sexual assault: E-learning moduleFaugno, D.K., Mitchell, S. A., Ekroos, R. A., & Speck, P. M.
Evidentia Publishing: Amrsterdam, Netherlands
- Over 2.1M in funded support.Please contact for more information.Present
Office7500 W Lake Mead Blvd #9-480
Las Vegas, NV 89128Phone+1 866-353-2363
- Is this information wrong?
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: