Dr. Rengan is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1959 NE Pacific St
Seattle, WA 98195Phone(206) 598-4100
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Rengan is a board-certified radiation oncologist who specializes in radiation treatment for lung, melanoma, and prostate cancer.
Dr. Rengan was previously the Chief of Thoracic Service and Associate Director of Clinical Operations for the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Pennsylvania, where he worked extensively with proton therapy. He completed his residency in radiation oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in 2006 and earned his medical degree and Ph.D. in biological chemistry from University of Michigan Medical School and Rackham School of Graduate Studies in 2001.
Dr. Rengan’s philosophy of “patients come first” fits well with his areas of research, which involve the development of clinical and translational (bench-to-bedside) initiatives designed to improve clinical outcomes in cancer. His research interests also include understanding the biology of cancer in order to make radiation treatment more effective and using radiation as a tool to stimulate the immune system to target the cancer.
Education & Training
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer CenterResidency, Radiation Oncology, 2002 - 2006
- St Marys Hospital and Medical CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 2001 - 2002
- University of Michigan Medical SchoolClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- WA State Medical License 2013 - 2023
- NJ State Medical License 2006 - 2013
- PA State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 2002 - 2015
- American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
- ADMIRAL Trial: Adaptive Mediastinal Radiation With Chemo-Immunotherapy Start of enrollment: 2020 Dec 09Ramesh Rengan
- Image Guided Hypofractionated Radiation Therapy, Nelfinavir Mesylate, Pembrolizumab, Nivolumab and Atezolizumab in Treating Patients With Advanced Melanoma, Lung, or Kidney Cancer Start of enrollment: 2017 Jun 09Ramesh Rengan
- Phase II Trial of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Followed by Ipilimumab in Treating Patients With Stage IV Melanoma Start of enrollment: 2014 Mar 01Ramesh Rengan
- Proton Beam Radiation With Concurrent Chemotherapy and Nelfinavir for Inoperable Stage III Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Start of enrollment: 2010 Mar 01
- Proton Beam Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy in Treating Patients With Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer That Can Be Removed By Surgery Start of enrollment: 2010 Jan 01Jacob Shabason, MD
- Flaxseed Supplement in Treating Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Undergoing Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy Start of enrollment: 2007 Dec 01Alexander Lin, MD
- Nelfinavir, Radiation Therapy, Cisplatin, and Etoposide in Treating Patients With Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer That Cannot Be Removed By Surgery Start of enrollment: 2007 Jun 01Amit Maity
Publications & Presentations
- Reliability of Quantitative 18F-FDG PET/CT Imaging Biomarkers for Classifying Early Response to Chemoradiotherapy in Patients With Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung...Kevin P. Horn, Hannah Thomas, Hubert Vesselle, Paul E. Kinahan, Robert S. Miyaoka, Ramesh Rengan, Jing Zeng, Stephen R. Bowen> ;Clinical Nuclear Medicine. 2021 Nov 1
- Phase II Trial of Flaxseed to Prevent Acute Complications After Chemoradiation for Lung Cancer.Tristan L. Lim, Ralph A. Pietrofesa, Evguenia Arguiri, Constantinos Koumenis, Steven J. Feigenberg, Charles B. Simone, Ramesh Rengan, Keith A. Cengel, William P. Levin...> ;Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2021 Jun 23
- Tumor control probability (TCP) in hypofractionated radiotherapy as a function of total and hypoxic tumor volumesA Chvetsov, Leonid Hanin, Robert D. Stewart, Jing Zeng, Ramesh Rengan, Simon S. Lo> ;Physics in Medicine and Biology. 2021 May 24
- Join now to see all
- SCCA News and UpdatesSeptember 5th, 2019
- Chemotherapy, Surgery and David Bowie: How Music Helps Cancer Patients HealMarch 1st, 2017
- HIV Protease Inhibitor Shows Promise with Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Non-Small Cell Lung CancerAugust 30th, 2019
- Join now to see all
- Committee member, National Cancer Institute’s Radiation and Immune Modulation Working Group
- Associate Senior Editor, Journal “Advances in Radiation Oncology."
- UW Medicine/Northwest Hospital & Medical CenterSeattle, Washington
- UW Medicine/University of Washington Medical CenterSeattle, Washington
- Seattle Cancer Care AllianceSeattle, Washington
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: