Ricardo Alvarez, MD
- 1515 Holcombe Blvd
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 792-6161
- Dr. Ricardo Alvarez, MD is a board certified oncologist in Houston, Texas. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Texas. He is affiliated with University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Alvarez's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Oncology: General Oncology
Dr. Alvarez's Education & Medical Training
- University of Texas at HoustonFellowship, Hematology/Oncology
- University of Texas at HoustonResidency, Internal Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences CenterResidency, Internal Medicine
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata Faculty of MedicineMedical School
Dr. Alvarez's Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License2007 - 2014
- American Board of Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
- American Board of Internal MedicineMedical Oncology
Dr. Alvarez's Clinical Trials
Dr. Alvarez's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Primary tumor resection as a component of multimodality treatment may improve local control and survival in patients with stage IV inflammatory breast cancer. Akay, C. L.,Ueno, N. T.,Chisholm, G. B.,Hortobagyi, G. N.,Woodward, W. A.,Alvarez, R. H.,Bedrosian, I.,Kuerer, H. M.,Hunt, K. K.,Huo, L.,Babiera, G. V.; Cancer. 2014 Feb 11.
- Phase I-II study of the farnesyl transferase inhibitor tipifarnib plus sequential weekly paclitaxel and doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide in HER2/neu-negative inflammatory carcinoma and non-inflammatory estrogen receptor-positive breast carcinoma. Andreopoulou, E.,Vigoda, I. S.,Valero, V.,Hershman, D. L.,Raptis, G.,Vahdat, L. T.,Han, H. S.,Wright, J. J.,Pellegrino, C. M.,Cristofanilli, M.,Alvarez, R. H.,Fehn, K.,Fin...; Breast Cancer Res. Treat.. 2013 Sep 26.
- A randomized phase II study of lapatinib + pazopanib versus lapatinib in patients with HER2+ inflammatory breast cancer. Cristofanilli, M.,Johnston, S. R.,Manikhas, A.,Gomez, H. L.,Gladkov, O.,Shao, Z.,Safina, S.,Blackwell, K. L.,Alvarez, R. H.,Rubin, S. D.,Ranganathan, S.,Redhu, S.,Trudeau,...; Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013 Jan.
Register to See Citations and 18 More...
Dr. Alvarez's Professional Memberships
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Texas BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Great West PPO
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Dr. Ricardo Alvarez, Dr. Ricardo Alvarez, MD, Dr. R Alvarez, Dr. Ricardo Hugo Alvarez
- 17 Colleague Invites!
- Is this you? If so, register to see 17 messages.
Physicians, view Dr. Alvarez's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Oncology, TX)
- Larry Anderson Jr., MD
- Andrew Weil, MD
- Gerald Hagin, MD
- Robyn Young, MD
- Lisa Fichtel, MD
- Anthony Conley, MD
- Nicholas Papadopoulos, MD
- Yvonne Manalo, MD
- Daniel Epner II, MD
- Erhan Gokmen, MD