Dr. Bermudes is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1020 Suncast Ln
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762Phone+1 916-932-0380Fax+1 916-932-0381
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Bermudes is a caring, collaborative practitioner who utilizes a variety of treatment options tailored to the specific needs of each patient. He completed specialized training in transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) in February 2010, and was the first provider of TMS therapy for depression in the Sacramento, CA region.
In 2013 Dr. Bermudes chaired the first annual meeting of the Clinical TMS Society and served as a founding board member. In 2015 he was elected president of the Clinical TMS Society. Dr. Bermudes is a recognized national speaker on TMS practice organization, insurance reimbursement and policy development.
Dr. Bermudes earned his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego and completed his residency training in psychiatry and in family medicine at the University of Cincinnati. He is board certified by the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
Education & Training
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center/College of MedicineResidency, Psychiatry/Family Medicine, 1997 - 2002
- University of California San Diego School of MedicineClass of 1997
- University of California, San Diego, Revelle CollegeB.A., 1992
- University of California, San Diego, Revelle CollegeB.S., 1992
Certifications & Licensure
- AZ State Medical License 2022 - 2024
- WA State Medical License 2022 - 2022
- NV State Medical License 2022 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 2021 - 2022
- UT State Medical License 2021 - 2024
- CA State Medical License 2003 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 1999 - 2005
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Physician-Scientist Fellowship American Psychosomatic Society, 2004
- NARSAD Young Investigator Award Recipient 2004
- Kenneth A. Frederick, M.D. Family Practice Residency Award Southwestern Ohio Society of Family Physicians, 2002
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsPreventive medical services use among community mental health patients with severe mental illness:the influence of gender and insurance coverage.Glen L. Xiong, Ana-Maria Iosif, Richard A. Bermudes, Robert M. McCarron, Robert E. Hales> ;The Primary Care Companion To The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2010 Sep 30
- 40 citationsUse of cancer-screening services among persons with serious mental illness in Sacramento County.Glen L. Xiong, Richard A. Bermudes, B.A. Serina N. Torres, M.B.A. Robert E. Hales> ;Psychiatric Services. 2008 Aug 1
- 21 citationsThe prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in psychiatric inpatients with primary psychotic and mood disorders.Richard A. Bermudes, Paul E. Keck, Jeffrey A. Welge> ;Psychosomatics. 2006 Nov 1
- Preventative medical services use among community mental health patients with severe mental illness; the influence of gender and insurance coverageXiong GL, Iosif AM, Bermudes RA, McCarron RM, Hales RE, Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry, 1/1/2010
- The Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in psychiatric inpatients with primary psychotic and mood disordersBermudes RA, Keck PE Jr, Welge JA, Psychosomatics, 1/1/2008
- Use of cancer-screening services among persons with serious mental illness in Sacramento CountyXiong GL, Bermudes RA, Torres SN, Hales RE, Psychiatric Services, 1/1/2008
- Join now to see all
- "A Review of TMS Therapy Medical Necessity Criteria: A High Degree of Treatment Resistance is Required for Insurance Coverage"Bermudes RA, Clinical TMS Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 1/1/2013
- "Insurance Coverage and Reimbursement for TMS: A Private Practice Experience"Bermudes RA, Clinical TMS Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 1/1/2013
- "Advocating for TMS Coverage and Reimbursement for Non-Contracted (Non-Par) TMS Providers"Alburquerque, NM - 1/1/2014
- "The evolving TMS Center Model"Dallas, TX - 1/1/2014
- "Reimbursement in the Center Setting: Comprehensive Real World Best Practices"Dallas, TX - 1/1/2014
- Join now to see all
- New Treatment for Depression Involves Magnetic CurrentsJuly 21st, 2015
- President, Clinical TMS Society 2016 - 2017
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: