Dr. Collins is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office820 Exchange St
Stromsburg, NE 68666Phone(303) 917-1423
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Collins is a retired cardiologist from Littleton, CO, South Denver Cardiology Associates and was affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Littleton Adventist Hospital, Porter Adventist Hospital, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, St. Anthony North Medical Pavilion, Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, and Parker Adventist Hospital. He received his medical degree from University of Nebraska College of Medicine and has been in practice 49 years. He specializes in CV Prevention, Rehab and lipid control for heart disease.
Dr. Collins is also known as The Cooking Cardiologist and is currently serving as a consultant on Heart Disease Prevention and Nutrition. He frequently gives talks and cooking demonstrations to Cardiac Rehab Centers through out the United States. Author of Cooking with Heart, recipes for heart healthy eating.
Education & Training
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1976 - 1977
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationResidency, Internal Medicine, 1974 - 1975
- Alegent Health Immanuel Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1968 - 1969
- University of Nebraska College of MedicineClass of 1968
Certifications & Licensure
- CO State Medical License 2003 - 2023
- IA State Medical License 1987 - 2013
- PA State Medical License 1969 - 1976
- NE State Medical License 1968 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Heart/Stroke Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012-2015
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
- Join now to see all
- I'm a Heart Doctor and Here's How to Keep Yours HealthySeptember 22nd, 2020
- Pohltec MetalfoamOctober 2nd, 2017
- Orthodox Medicine Embracing the Food-Is-Medicine ConceptApril 22nd, 2017
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: