Dr. Makowiec is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5255 E. Stop 11 Road, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46237Phone(317) 528-4354
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Makowiec is an orthopedic surgeon in Indianapolis, IN and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including St. Francis Hospital in Indiana and Franciscan Hospital in Mooresville, Indiana. He received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine and has been in practice 23 years. He also speaks multiple languages, including Spanish. He specializes in elbow surgery and hand surgery and is experienced in sports medicine, elbow surgery, hand and wrist surgery, upper extremity functional reconstruction, and hand and wrist traumatology.
Education & Training
- Indiana University School of MedicineFellowship, Hand Surgery, 1999 - 2000
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 1994 - 1999
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoClass of 1994
- Georgetown University School of MedicineClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2004 - 2023
- IN State Medical License 1999 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 1994 - 2023
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification eClinicalWorks EHR, eClinicalWorks LLC, 2012-2013
Publications & Presentations
- 52 citationsComplications of K-wire fixation in procedures involving the hand and wrist.Lawrence P. Hsu, Edric G. Schwartz, David M. Kalainov, Franklin Chen, Richard L. Makowiec> ;Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume). 2011 Apr 1
- 9 citationsArthroscopic tennis elbow release.David M. Kalainov, Richard L. Makowiec, Mark S. Cohen> ;Techniques in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery. 2007 Mar 1
- 6 citationsOutcome of first-time endoscopic carpal tunnel release in a teaching environment.Richard L. Makowiec, Daniel J. Nagle, James C.Y. Chow> ;Arthroscopy. 2002 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: