Dr. Popowitz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Popowitz's full profile
Office408 Airport Executive Park
Nanuet, NY 10954Phone+1 845-425-0055Fax+1 845-426-6126
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Richard Popowitz is an orthopedic surgeon in Nanuet, NY and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and Nyack Hospital. He received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine and has been in practice 19 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and is experienced in sports medicine, shoulder and elbow sports medicine, foot and ankle sports medicine, and hip and knee sports medicine.
Education & Training
- Sports Orthopedic and Rehabilitation (SOAR) Medicine AssociatesFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2003 - 2004
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1998 - 2003
- Albert Einstein College of MedicineClass of 1998
- Sports Orthopedic and Rehabilitation (SOAR) Medicine AssociatesFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 1990 - 1994
- Yale University BS, Biology, Psychology minor, 1990 - 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2003 - Present
- NY State Medical License 2004 - 2023
- NJ State Medical License 2004 - 2023
- ME State Medical License Active through 2022
- FL State Medical License 2000 - 2006
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor Award 2017-2020
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 17 citationsRotator cuff repair in spinal cord injury patientsRichard L Popowitz, John E. Zvijac, John W. Uribe, Keith S. Hechtman, Matthias R. Schurhoff, Jeremy B. Green> ;Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2003 Jul 1
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical CenterSuffern, New York
- Montefiore Nyack HospitalNyack, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: