Are you Dr. Abernathy?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 60 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office701 Grove Rd
Greenville, SC 29605Phone+1 864-455-4411
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Robert Abernathy, MD is a board certified internist in Greenville, South Carolina. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in South Carolina, Alabama, and Maine. He is affiliated with Piedmont Columbus Regional Midtown.
Education & Training
- Louisiana State UniversityFellowship, Infectious Disease, 2003 - 2005
- Wellstar Health System/Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 2000 - 2002
- Emory University School of MedicineResidency, Psychiatry, 1998 - 2000
- Medical College of GeorgiaInternship, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 1997
- Medical College of Georgia at Augusta UniversityClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- GA State Medical License 2000 - 2025
- AL State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- OR State Medical License 2009 - 2023
- SC State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- WA State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- ME State Medical License 2017 - 2018
- NC State Medical License 2004 - 2017
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 175 citationsRisk of Influenza A (H5N1) Infection among Health Care Workers Exposed to Patients with Influenza A (H5N1), Hong KongCarolyn B. Bridges, Jacqueline M. Katz, Wing-Hong Seto, Paul K.S. Chan, Dominic N.C. Tsang, William Ho, Kwok Hang Mak, Wilina Lim, John S. Tam, Matthew J. Clarke, Seym...> ;The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2000 Jan 1
- 184 citationsAntibody Response in Individuals Infected with Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Viruses and Detection of Anti-H5 Antibody among Household and Social ContactsJacqueline M. Katz, Wilina Lim, C. Buxton Bridges, Thomas Rowe, Jean Hu-Primmer, Xiuhua Lu, Robert A. Abernathy, Matthew J. Clarke, Laura A. Conn, Heston Kwong, Mirand...> ;The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 1999 Dec 1
- 663 citationsDetection of Antibody to Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Virus in Human Serum by Using a Combination of Serologic AssaysThomas Rowe, Robert A. Abernathy, Jean Hu-Primmer, William W. Thompson, Xiuhua Lu, Wilina Lim, Keiji Fukuda, Nancy J. Cox, Jacqueline M. Katz> ;Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 1999 Apr 1
- Samaritan Lebanon Community HospitalLebanon, Oregon
- Samaritan Albany General HospitalAlbany, Oregon
- Piedmont Columbus Regional MidtownColumbus, Georgia