Are you Dr. Gaston?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 69 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office619 19th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone+1 205-934-6600
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Robert Gaston, MD is a nephrologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Arkansas. He is affiliated with University of Alabama Hospital and Highlands Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama Medical CenterFellowship, Nephrology, 1988 - 1988
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of MedicineFellowship, Nephrology, 1984 - 1986
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1979 - 1982
- Saint Louis University School of MedicineClass of 1979
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1988 - 2023
- AR State Medical License 1980 - 1999
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2011-2014
- A Study of Factors That Affect Long-Term Kidney Transplant Function Start of enrollment: 2005 Oct 01
Publications & Presentations
- The Importance of Transplant Nephrology to a Successful Kidney Transplant Program.Sharon M Moe, Daniel C Brennan, Mona D Doshi, Robert S Gaston, Susan B Gurley, Muhammad A Mujtaba, Rebecca J Schmidt, Mark S Segal, J Kevin Tucker, Alexander C Wiseman...> ;Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN. 2022 Sep 1
- Employment status at transplant influences ethnic disparities in outcomes after deceased donor kidney transplantation.Jasmin Divers, Sumit Mohan, W Mark Brown, Stephen O Pastan, Ajay K Israni, Robert S Gaston, Robert Bray, Shahidul Islam, Natalia V Sakhovskaya, Alejandra M Mena-Gutier...> ;BMC nephrology. 2022 Jan 3
- In Memoriam-Dr. Mark H Deierhoi.Robert S. Gaston> ;Clinical Transplantation. 2020 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- 2015 AST FAST DesigneesMay 21st, 2015
- Lawmakers, Advocates Push to Extend Medicare's Coverage of Kidney Transplant DrugsAugust 15th, 2019
- Lifeline: Meet a Family Bound Not by Blood or Name, but by Their KidneysFebruary 12th, 2016
- Oral Solutions Of Sang35 Versus Neoral In Stable Adult Renal AllograftsNational Center For Research Resources1998–2002
- Anti TAC With 3 Drug Therapy For Prevention Of Acute Allograft RejectionNational Center For Research Resources1998–2002
- Zenapax PLUS Immunosuppression VS Immunosuppression In AllograftNational Center For Research Resources1997
- Humanized Anti TAC In Acute Allograft RejectionNational Center For Research Resources1996–1997
- Isradipine And Nifedipine On Sodium Excretion In Renal AllograftNational Center For Research Resources1995
- L-Arginine In Cyclosporin-Treated Kidney Transplant PatientsNational Center For Research Resources1993–1995
- Enalapril For Posttransplant ErythrocytosisNational Center For Research Resources1993–1995