Dr. Sasso is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1000 Houghton Ave
Saginaw, MI 48602Phone+1 989-583-6800Fax+1 989-583-6955
- Is this information wrong?
- BRIEF BIOGRAPHY FOR DR ROBERT A SASSO MARCH 2018
Dr Sasso graduated valedictorian at Seton Hall University, and is a graduate of Duke University School of Medicine. He did his internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Utah Medical Center. Dr. Sasso also completed a one year fellowship in reproductive surgery and infertility in Miami Beach, Florida at Mt. Sinai Hospital sponsored by the, then, American Fertility Society. Dr. Sasso dedicated the last 15 years of his clinical career, in New England, to advanced laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery and infertility. Before leaving New England, he established a new infertility and IVF center in South Portland, Maine. He has a number of journal and book chapter publications in both basic science research and clinical medicine, including a landmark article on laparoscopic removal of a cornual pregnancy.
Dr Sasso joined Ross University School of Medicine in March, 2012, where he quickly transferred his clinical skills and previous teaching experience to medical education through high fidelity simulation and small group education. At Ross, he served as Professor and Vice Chair of the Department of Clinical Medicine, as well as Director of Medical Simulation. He provided faculty development in the history of simulation, debriefing techniques, and adult learning theory. Dr. Sasso lectured at Ross on obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive medicine, infertility, abnormal uterine bleeding, reproductive ethics and family planning.
He was engaged in ongoing qualitative research involving student and facilitator changing perceptions in a problem-based learning platform.
In January, 2017, Dr. Sasso became the Director of Medical Simulation at Central Michigan University College of Medicine and Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He now engages in simulation medical education at the undergraduate and graduate level, and supervises clinically at the ObGyn Resident outpatient clini
Education & Training
- University of Utah HealthResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1982 - 1986
- Duke University HospitalResidency, Psychiatry, 1982 - 1982
- Duke University School of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2016 - 2024
- MA State Medical License 2010 - 2017
- ME State Medical License 2009 - 2019
- FL State Medical License 1992 - 1994
- NH State Medical License 1990 - 2012
- PA State Medical License 1988 - 1994
- ID State Medical License 1985 - Present
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Join now to see all
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Golden Stethoscope Award: Best Clinical Teacher Ross University School of Medicine, 2014
- New Hampshire's "Top Doctors 2008" Reproductive Medicine New Hampshire Magazine: as voted by NH peers, 2008
Publications & Presentations
- “Mature cystic teratoma of both the fallopian tube and contralateral ovary: a case report” Rhymes, J.M., Gorman,T., Sass...Rhymes,J.M.,Gorman,T.,Sasso, R.A., Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology, 11/2015
- “Intermittent Partial Adnexal Torsion after Electrosurgical Tubal Sterilization.”, Sasso, R.A. The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopist...Sasso, R.A., The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, 5/1996
- “Laparoscopic Diagnosis and Treatment of Cornual Ectopic Pregnancy: A Case Report., Sasso, R.A. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine 40, No. 1, 68-70 (Januar...Sasso, R.A., The Journal of Reproductive Medicine, 1/1995
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: