Dr. Thompson-Stone is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642Phone(585) 275-2808Fax(585) 275-3683
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Thompson Stone is a pediatric neurologist who cares for children with all neurological disorders. In addition, he has special expertise in caring for (1) children with immune conditions affecting the neurologic system (multiple sclerosis and related demyelinating disorders), (2) children with inherited disorders of white matter (leukodystrophy), and (3) treatment of neurologic symptoms in children diagnosed with brain tumors. He currently serves as Director of the Pediatric Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis Program and Director of the UR Leukodystrophy Care Center.
He went to medical school at New York University School of Medicine, where he graduated with honors (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society member). He went on to study adult and child neurology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and graduated from residency in June 2011. Since then he has been been on faculty at the University of Rochester in the departments of Neurology and Pediatrics.
Education & Training
- University of RochesterFellowship, Child Neurology, 2010 - 2011
- University of RochesterResidency, Child Neurology, 2006 - 2011
- University of RochesterResidency, Neurology, 2006 - 2009
- University of RochesterInternship, Internal Medicine, 2005 - 2006
- NYU School of MedicineClass of 2005
- State University of New York College at GeneseoB.S., Biology, Summa Cum Laude With Distinction, 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2010 - 2022
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Siegal Prize for Excellence in Third Year Teaching University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2021
- Special Commendation in Third Year Teaching University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2019
- Drs. Irving and Nan Kaufman Prize for Excellence 2014
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Triad of hypovitaminosis A, hyperostosis, and optic neuropathy in males with autism spectrum disorders.Deena Godfrey, Robert Thompson Stone, Marcus Lee, Tanuja Chitnis, Jonathan D. Santoro> ;Nutritional Neuroscience. 2021 Mar 5
- Education Research: The Narrative Evaluation Quality Instrument: Development of a tool to assess the assessor.Michael S. Kelly, Christopher J. Mooney, Justin F. Rosati, Melanie K. Braun, Robert Thompson Stone> ;Neurology. 2020 Jan 14
- 9 citationsOligoclonal bands increase the specificity of MRI criteria to predict multiple sclerosis in children with radiologically isolated syndrome.Naila Makhani, Christine Lebrun, Aksel Siva, Sona Narula, Evangeline Wassmer, David Brassat, J. Nicholas Brenton, Philippe Cabre, Clarisse Carra Dallière, Jérôme De Se...> ;Multiple sclerosis journal - experimental, translational and clinical. 2019 Mar 20
- Join now to see all
- Enhancing neural transmission in multiple sclerosis (4-aminopyridine therapy)Goodman A, Thompson Stone R, Neurotherapeutics, 1/1/2012
- Endothelial NADPH Oxidase: Mechanism of Activation by Low-Density LipoproteinO’Donnell RW, Johnson DK, Ziegler LM, DiMattina AJ, Stone RI, Holland JA, Endothelium, 1/1/2003
- CD34 Stem Cell Antigen Transcripts Present in Mature Sperm: Contribution in Sperm-Egg Adhesion and FusionGoodwin LO, Karabinus DS, Schiliro D, Stone R, Miller R, Pergolizzi B, Andrology, 1/1/2000
- Formal Faculty Assessment of Bedside Skills for 3rd Year Medical Students on the Neurology Clerkship: The Year Two ExperienceThompson Stone R, Mooney C, Wexler E, Mink J, Jozefowicz R, American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 1/21/2015
- Is Formal Faculty Assessment of Bedside Skills Feasible for 3rd Year Medical Students on the Neurology Clerkship?Thompson Stone R, Wexler E, Mink JW, Jozefowicz RF, American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Philedelphia, PA, 1/28/2014
- Scheduled Faculty Modeling of Bedside Skills for 3rd Year Medical Students on the Neurology ClerkshipThompson Stone R, Tollefson, T, Epstein R, Jozefowicz RF, Mink JW, American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Philedelphia, PA, 1/28/2014
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: