Dr. Holzer is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office113 Lielmanis Ave
Hurlburt Field, FL 32544Phone(850) 881-1020
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a Family Practice physician who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through personalized Family medicine. This especially includes teaching patients about lifestyle medicine and empowering patients to take control of their health. I share information about low fat, whole food plant based nutrition as taught by Dr. Greger, Dr. Ornish, Dr. McDougall, Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. Barnard and other leaders in the field of nutritional medicine. I teach diaphragmatic breathing, internal dialogue, and meditation techniques of traditional yoga, as taught by Swami Jnaneshvara and Swami Rama of the Himalayas. I am currently a LtCol in the Air Force and a member of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. I also moderate the NW Florida Whole Foods Plant Based Health Network Group, a public page on Facebook. In the next two years, I plan to open a community-designed micropractice in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Also, I plan to expand an online video teaching series that I have started in response to patient questions. I am passionate about health and wellness and love to share what I have learned with others. I anticipate that in the next few years, that there will be a transition period where I will need a part time job while getting my private practice established.
Education & Training
- US Air Force Regional HospitalResidency, Family Medicine, 2007 - 2010
- Albany Medical CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 2006 - 2007
- Albany Medical CollegeClass of 2006
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- FL State Medical License 2017 - 2023
- NE State Medical License 2008 - 2018
Publications & Presentations
- Evaluation of Ovarian CystsHolzer, RA et al, FPIN's Clinical Inquiries, American Family Physician, 8/1/2011
- Photodynamic Therapy Using Lu-Tex induces Apoptosis in vitro, and its Effect is Potentiated by Angiostatin in Retinal Capillary Endothelial CellsRenno, RZ et al, Invest Opthal Vis Sci, 11/1/2000
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: