Dr. Ellahham is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
1950 Richmond Road, TR303
Cleveland, OH 44124Phone+1 216-448-8265
- Is this information wrong?
- Samer Ellahham, MD, CPHQ, EFQM, FACMQ, FACP, FACC, FAHA, FCCP
Dr Ellahham is currently Cleveland Clinic Caregiver, Cleveland, US seconded as Senior Cardiovascular Consultant and Director of Accreditation in the Quality and Safety Institute in Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Also, he is middle east regional chair, Patient Safety Movement Foundation, AHA Hospital Accreditation Science Committee, Member, European Society of Cardiology Heart Failure Writing Group, Member, ex-Middle East Representative of the JCI Standards Subcommittee and American College of Cardiology Accreditation Foundation Board, Member.
Dr. Ellahham received his undergraduate degree in biology and his M.D. from the American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon. Dr. Ellahham finished his internal medicine residency at Georgetown University Hospital - Washington Hospital Center and his fellowship in Cardiology at the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System in USA.
Dr. Ellahham worked in Washington DC at Georgetown University Hospital - Washington Hospital Center and in several clinical and leadership positions before moving to UAE in 2008. Dr. Ellahham continues to be an active clinician. He demonstrates great skill and experience in the management of patients with heart failure, ischemic heart disease, and valvular heart disease and led a multi-disciplinary team in the care and delivery of advanced therapies to these patients. He has unique abilities to partner and engages local and regional referring providers. He can work in a highly matrixed environment, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and have the experience to working effectively in a large health system. He led the First AHA GWTG Heart Failure Initiative outside US and was the recipient of the AHA GWTG Award in Wash. DC. He is the champion of the AHA GWTG in the region.
Dr. Ellahham has served as Chief Quality Officer for SKMC from 2009 till 2017. In his role, he has led the development of a quality and safety prog
Education & Training
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health SystemFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1989 - 1992
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1988 - 1989
- Good Samaritan Hospital of MarylandResidency, Internal Medicine, 1986 - 1988
- American University of BeirutClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1989 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- American College of Medical QualityAmerican Board of Medical Quality
- American Society of QualityMaster Black Belt Lean Six Sigma
- NAHQCertified Professional In Healthcare Quality
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow American Heart Assiciation American Heart Assiciation, 1996
- Fellow American College of Physicians American Collefe of Physicians, 1995
- Fellow American College of Cardiology American College of Cardiology, 1994
Publications & Presentations
- 8 citationsApplication of Artificial Intelligence in the Health Care Safety Context: Opportunities and Challenges.Samer Ellahham, Nour Ellahham, Mecit Can Emre Simsekler> ;American Journal of Medical Quality. 2020 Jul 1
- Improving Transfer Medication Reconciliation in an Emirati Tertiary Hospital Utilizing the Irish Health Service Executive Model.Huda El Dannan, Samer Ellahham> ;American Journal of Medical Quality. 2021 Jan 1
- 19 citationsArtificial Intelligence: The Future for Diabetes Care.Samer Ellahham> ;The American Journal of Medicine. 2020 Aug 1
- Join now to see all
- Emerging Therapeutics for Cardiac Transthyretin AmyloidosisAugust 2020
- The 1st GCC Patient Experience Summit Kicks off in Abu DhabiSeptember 18th, 2017
- Cleveland Clinic Hospitals Worldwide Join Forces to Share Expertise at Arab Health 2020January 21st, 2020
- Symposium ‘Virtual Blockchain in Healthcare Symposium 2020’ Scheduled on 9th December 2020December 9th, 2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: