Dr. Kahwash is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office700 Childrens Dr
Columbus, OH 43205Phone(614) 722-5450
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Samir Kahwash is a hematopathologist in Columbus, OH affiliated with Nationwide Children's Hospital and The Ohio State University. He received his medical degree from Damascus University. He specializes in hematopathology, anatomic pathology, clinical pathology, and pediatric pathology and is experienced in pediatric hematopathology and pediatric clinical and surgical pathology. He is a Professor-Clinical at The Ohio State University.
Education & Training
- Allegheny Health Network Medical Education ConsortiumResidency, Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical, 1986 - 1992
- Damascus University Faculty of MedicineClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 1992 - 2022
- PA State Medical License 1987 - 2002
- American Board of Pathology Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- American Board of Pathology Pathology Recertification
- American Board of Pathology Hematology
- American Board of Pathology Pediatric Pathology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Educator of the year award Dept of pathology- NCH, 2008
Publications & Presentations
- Assessment of Arsenic Trioxide and All-trans Retinoic Acid for the Treatment of Pediatric Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia: A Report From the Children's Oncology Group AAM...Matthew A. Kutny, Todd A. Alonzo, Oussama Abla, Madhvi Rajpurkar, Robert B. Gerbing, Yi-Cheng Wang, Betsy A. Hirsch, Susana C. Raimondi, Samir B. Kahwash, Kristina K. ...> ;JAMA Oncology. 2021 Nov 11
- Closing the Brief Case: A 6-Year-Old with Fever, Abdominal Pain, and Recent Travel to Sierra Leone.Amy L Pyle-Eilola, Samir B Kahwash, Gretchen Dennis, Nicole Hubbard, Amy Leber> ;Journal of clinical microbiology. 2021 Oct 19
- The Brief Case: A 6-Year-Old with Fever, Abdominal Pain, and Recent Travel to Sierra Leone.Amy L Pyle-Eilola, Samir B Kahwash, Gretchen Dennis, Nicole Hubbard, Amy Leber> ;Journal of clinical microbiology. 2021 Oct 19
- Join now to see all
- Are We Losing Sight of the 'Big Picture' in Medicine?February 2019
- AML committee, Childood Oncology Group 2006 - Present
- Member, ASCP in service examination CMT 2011 - 2017
- Editor, @pediatricpathologyimages
- Nationwide Children's HospitalColumbus, Ohio
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: