Dr. Starnes is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office222 Piedmont Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45219Phone(513) 475-8787Fax(513) 475-8828
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Indiana University School of MedicineFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2002 - 2005
- St Joseph Mercy Livingston HospitalResidency, General Surgery, 1995 - 2002
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoClass of 1995
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 2005 - 2022
- IN State Medical License 2003 - 2023
- MI State Medical License 1997 - 2004
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Identification of a Plasma Proteomic Signature for Lung Cancer Start of enrollment: 2012 Oct 01Callahan, A.,Williamson, C.,Sanders, C.,Midthun, D.,Gannon, D.,Nguyen, D.D.,Shaffer, D.,Kah, D.,Crawford, G.,Flores, J.,Sullivan, J.,Hansen, K.,Lin, M.,Karaus, M.,Johnson, M.,Ayers, M.,Collins, M.,Magee, ...
Publications & Presentations
- A Structured Program Maximizes Benefit of Lung Cancer Screening in an Area of Endemic Histoplasmosis.James A. Miller, Anna Tatakis, Robert M. Van Haren, Sangita Kapur, Peterson Pathrose, Mona Hemingway, Sandra L. Starnes> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2021 Jul 30
- Opioid Dependence After Lung Cancer Resection: Institutional Analysis of State Prescription Drug DatabaseNick C. Levinsky, Matthew M Byrne, Dennis J. Hanseman, Alexander R. Cortez, Julian Guitron, Sandra L. Starnes, Robert M. Van Haren> ;World Journal of Surgery. 2021 Mar 1
- Commentary: Artificial intelligence for pulmonary nodules: Machines to diagnosis cancer.Sandra L. Starnes> ;The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2021 Feb 19
- Join now to see all
- Analyzing Intraoperative Conversion of Thoracoscopic Lobectomy: Acceptable Outcome or Failure?March 6th, 2019
- Dr. John Flege, Pioneer of Heart Surgery in Cincinnati, Dies at 88March 23rd, 2018
- Cardiac Surgery Pioneer John Flege Jr., MD, Dies at 88March 22nd, 2018
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: